Meeting my Sweetwater "sales engineer" in person tomorrow

OK cool, I'd love to know how that beautiful ax compares to the sweet flock of Rick's next to in this your pic.. ;)
Actually, there's only one Rick. It's a 620/12, in a discontinued color. A worthy substitute for the one my friend Marty sold years ago that I didn't have the $$$$ to buy. Oddly enough, the (now ex-) husband of one of the women in the local MINI Cooper club ended up buying it. Small world, sometimes, innit? :D

Noventa gets its first (and likely only) mod:
0814211911_HDR.jpg

Jazz Bass dual concentric pot to add the passive bass cut like I added in the last tweak to my Strat's wiring last month.
It functions rather like a Bruce Banner <---> Hulk knob. 🤪
Dug through the parts drawer a bit ago and found a new 500k pull pot I didn't know I had, left from some that I'd ordered a year or two ago.
So, I may figure out the optimal pot setting for the bass cut, find the nearest fixed resistor value, and go 'stealth' with the mod....

Last edited:
That's a nifty way to implement a bass tone knob. I recently acquired a G&L strat with a treble and bass knob and it's cool just how much control over the tone you can get with both.

Sweetwater has always done all right by me, and I’ve been bouncing back and forth between two reps … if one isn’t available, I go to the second. Both are great.

I’ve had a .strandberg Prog 6 Neck-Thru Natural on order since May, with no delivery date in sight … not their fault; blame COVID. It’s nearly paid for, and certainly worth the wait.

A big day today; four boxes arrived! With no room left in my studio, the guitar/live performance practice stuff goes in another room where I can pace. Today I got a pair of Yamaha HS7 powered speakers, which frees the Axe-FX III from headphones.

And for the first time, I get to play with feedback! I know, people are going “what?” but as a synthesist, I’ve never actually had a guitar amp. Still don’t, but seeing as I’m from the same home town as Jimi, it’s about time I had some feedback in the mix. Wish me luck.

low-view.jpg

Dug through the parts drawer a bit ago and found a new 500k pull pot I dodn't know I had, left from some that I'd ordered a year or two ago.
So, I may figure out the optimal pot setting for the bass cut, find the nearest fixed resistor value, and go 'stealth' with the mod....
Went ahead with this thought. So, we're back to this:
0813212335.jpg

Stealth bass cut applied when the tone knob is pulled up. I paralleled the cap involved with a 1M resistor, which limits the total amount of the bass cut a little bit, but, more importantly, avoids a pop when switching the cap in/out. Would've used a 10M resistor if I'd've had one in the stash, but the stash is stashed a bit deep in the shed, and the 1M got found first. Works great, and is simpler to operate than the stacked tone knobs in this situation....

Back
Top Bottom