Me recording songs from an upcoming album

Whuuuuut... that looks AND sounds bad ass. I wish you had synced up the camera audio with the recorded audio so I could really hear that tone, but it was cool anyway.

Jesus that's some skill you have! I have such limited skill with finger tapping. I can only tap with up to 3 fingers and in one or two motions. What's the action like on ur guitar there? Is it super low or is it that the strings are like gauge 9 or something? Do you have a problem with unwanted noise or other strings being hit when you finger the board like that? <----That's my biggest problem. A special sort of neck perhaps?

Oh yeah...and at 0:17..."FUUUUUUUUUUUUUU (glance at camera remebering people watching) uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuDGE." HAHAHA That's totally me in the studio. Except I'm much louder and little respect for the neighbors.

Jesus that's some skill you have! I have such limited skill with finger tapping. I can only tap with up to 3 fingers and in one or two motions. What's the action like on ur guitar there? Is it super low or is it that the strings are like gauge 9 or something? Do you have a problem with unwanted noise or other strings being hit when you finger the board like that? <----That's my biggest problem. A special sort of neck perhaps?

The action is set really low, but I guess the biggest thing would be tapping hard without disturbing the other strings so the sound is as assertive as possible. I just use the typical D'addario 7string set which is .10-.59. Beyond that its just a lot of practice with and without a metronome to maintain clarity.

Yep - properly exceptional stuff dude

There are a lot of great players on here and plenty of average players like me, but I'd put your ability right up the amongst the very top
yessmiley.gif

Never mind the funny faces - your energy and passion shines through even with just a camera mic in the room. Outstanding

Keep it up and I look forward to buying the finished thing :encouragement:

Bryce,
I've commented on how good you are in the past but this has way exceeded your previous posts with regard to technique and style of playing, looking forward to the album release and many thanks for putting it out on Bandcamp, I get 99% of my music from there these days. Just a thought, I think you should put it out as a 'name your price' download.

Back
Top Bottom