Me And My Gang - Axe-FX II/OwnHammer

Scott Peterson

Global Moderator
Vendor
This is a song my band does live and I found the backing track at GuitarBackingTracks so I tracked it pretty quick for fun. The backing track is flawed; it pops and cracks here and there... but hey, it was free.

I am beta testing some new IR's for OwnHammer so can't share the presets or what I'm doing with them quite yet... but soon should be able to do so. Axe-FX II is on firmware v10.11. Presets are my own - live/studio. Just what I use in 'real' life.

This was fun, though I make enough mistakes listening to it now to let you know it is me and most definitely not the studio track. lol. ;)

I did the intro thing on the first track, cut and pasted it onto another track to just center the panning and cut it from the original left channel track.

Signal path is: PRS Custom 22/Fractal Axe-FX II. Recorded direct. Left channel, Bogner Red with OH Beta V2 cabinets. Right Channel Recto Red with OH Beta V2 cabinets.

Full Mix:

Guitars Only Mix:

You can download the full resolution FLAC file(s) from there directly if you want.

Thanks for listening - have fun!

I had no clue who this was by and still have no idea how the original sounds. In this version it's interesting that in a "country" song the rhythm guitars sound like post 80s "heavy" rock. The vocals are influenced by rap and rap/metal. If it didn't have countryish lyric themes and an obvious twang I sure as heck wouldn't call it country. Hank Williams just rolled over one more time.

Guitars sound really good though. Nice tones.

I had no clue who this was by and still have no idea how the original sounds. In this version it's interesting that in a "country" song the rhythm guitars sound like post 80s "heavy" rock. The vocals are influenced by rap and rap/metal. If it didn't have countryish lyric themes and an obvious twang I sure as heck wouldn't call it country. Hank Williams just rolled over one more time.

Guitars sound really good though. Nice tones.

LOL. You are very accurate with it. This is (was? lol) a Rascal Flatts song if you want to look it up. No one will confuse my version here for the original. My band is cross-over Country/Rock and we do this some MUCH in the same vein you hear here; I haven't listened to the original in some time. Looking it up and listening now... well, this is indeed a MUCH more rock version of the song. ;)

That's how I like it anyway, we rock the country. We are essentially a rock band that has a lot of country in the setlist; but if you didn't know, you'd never guess it. I think. :D

Really cool sounding.. I know you can't post the preset (Yet ;)), but what were your Wah settings? I'm still struggling with the AxeFX Wah, yours sound great..

Hey Scott. I'm also an OH beta tester but can't test them out. How are the new IRs compared to earlier OH IRs?

Really cool sounding.. I know you can't post the preset (Yet ;)), but what were your Wah settings? I'm still struggling with the AxeFX Wah, yours sound great..

I'm using the Cry Babe wah here (and quite badly on the intro). I use Mission Engineering expression pedals.

Hey Scott. I'm also an OH beta tester but can't test them out. How are the new IRs compared to earlier OH IRs?

Best way to describe them IMHO: clear, balanced. Check your PM for more.

Last edited:
Ever since Kevin started working on the "new" Ir's back some months ago I have been very looking forward to his upcoming releases. Man!... listen to that definition!... Killer tones Scott.

I like it Scott! That's my kind of country. ;-)

Best way to describe them IMHO: clear, balanced.

I'm not a beta tester but Kevin's been sharing some of what he's up to with me. He also sent a beta version of the 12H-BB, which is based on a 1977 Celestion G12H 55 Hz "black back". I dialed up a 100W Plexi patch that I'm extremely happy with. It's a tone I've been trying to get for a while now. As Scott says the new IR's are "clear and balanced", to which I would add "sweet".

Terry.

Back
Top Bottom