McRocklin Presets

JBB

I bought the Mcrocklin Axe-Fx 2+ presets and converted them for the Fx iii using fractool...Oh my are his presets amazing, the guy is a wizard when it comes to tones and IR's, I still haven't found a better shimmer preset than his yet and his octave and lead tones blew my mind..but after converting them on the fractool you have to tweak the presets for the Fx iii like anything else converted from the ii+...I see on his site it says native Fx iii support coming soon but thats been up for some time now and when i contacted him a while back he said that he didn't have an Fx iii yet...

My Question is, what is the correct way to tweak from the converted fractool presets to get the best out of the tones that the Fx iii can produce am i missing any tips or tricks ?

If i lived where he is based in the UK I'd send him my Fx iii so he can get them right strait from the source or better still i wish Fractal could loan him a unit to work his magic on.

IMG_7883.jpg

I bought the Mcrocklin Axe-Fx 2+ presets and converted them for the Fx iii using fractool...Oh my are his presets amazing, the guy is a wizard when it comes to tones and IR's, I still haven't found a better shimmer preset than his yet and his octave and lead tones blew my mind..but after converting them on the fractool you have to tweak the presets for the Fx iii like anything else converted from the ii+...

Can you explain what you mean about needing to tweak them? What does fractool not get right? I consider picking these up, but I don't want to end up with something that sounds wrong on my Axe-FX III.

Can you explain what you mean about needing to tweak them? What does fractool not get right? I consider picking these up, but I don't want to end up with something that sounds wrong on my Axe-FX III.

You won't be disappointed if you do because they still sound totally amazing with fractool...But tweaking as in as much as the FX iii is so much more powerful and has many more options to play with to get even more out of those presets if they were created directly on an fx iii...Mcrocklin took it to the max of the capabilities of the fx2xl just imagine if he takes it to the max of an fx iii...

That cats pick technique is just crazy.
Yup the guys got it all...saw him plug straight into an amp with no effects and sound the same...He's a low gain but can make it sound like hi gain if he wants kind of player...very clean..for me i love the fact that he sounds amazing just the guitar without a backing track to play to

Back
Top Bottom