MC8 + Axe-Fx II XL+ Bank question

Hello,

I was lucky enough to have gotten an MC8 for Christmas, and I am trying to wrap my head around it and how to use it with the AxeFX as it is my first midi controller.

I have set up the basics and I am able to get it to "talk" to the axe fx but I've run into a problem.

When I set Switch A to program change 0 on my morningstar, it sends me to preset number 640 instead preset 000. Preset 640 is the start of Bank F. How do I re-route it to Bank A?

I changed the mapping to custom in I/O > Midi > Mapping Mode > Custom and it takes me to preset 103 which is in Bank A.

How do I change this?

Thank you

Possibly because you were already on a preset in Bank A?

Midi can only send PCs 0-127... Access to presets with higher numbers requires sending a CC to change bank first as far as I'm aware.

Firmware update on the Axe Fx should have no effect on changing presets.

Thanks for the response. I had never left Bank A when I was initially trying to get it set up as all my presets are in Bank A.

It was recognizing Bank F as the first bank. 640 + 127 is the max presets the XL + is able to have. I had no idea how to get out of that bank and into other banks, but some how it has reset now.

I'm thinking abour MC6 or MC8... Is it possible to assing of of the switches to looper, so it will work like TC Ditto? (all looper functions being handled by one switch only. I don't remember how it exactly worked on Ditto, but it was very comfortable)

I'm thinking abour MC6 or MC8... Is it possible to assing of of the switches to looper, so it will work like TC Ditto? (all looper functions being handled by one switch only. I don't remember how it exactly worked on Ditto, but it was very comfortable)

I am not sure if you can get it to work EXACTLY like the TC Ditto but, you are able to assign multiple functions to one switch. I think you can go up to 9 different messages. Per the MC8 Manual, you can assign 1 switch to do different actions depending on what you do (press, release, long press, long press release, double tap, double tap release, long double tap, long double tap release, and release all).

You could assign different CC messages to each of those actions.

I figure you might be able to get it to work doing something like this (I have not tried it).

Switch in position 1 with action press = Initiate recording
Switch in position 2 with action press = stop recording + initiate playback
Double tap = Start dubbing
Long press = Stop playback
Long double tap = start playback again

I think its best to do it with 2 switches instead of 1.

I have a bank on my MC8 set up as just a looper bank with its own looper preset in Axe FX. I don't do live shows with looper, and its something that I just mess with to create loops/backing tracks to mess around with.

Depending on what you are using it for, you will have to customize it to your liking.

Regardless, I love this thing, its awesome!

Back
Top Bottom