MC6 + behringer fcb1010 eureka??

Chewie5150

Fractal Fanatic
This seems like a specific enough question for a new thread. I just got my MC6 in the mail today and man does it look and feel sweet. I might be overlooking something here but not quite sure of the order of which i should have it connected with my Behringer FCB1010 (eureka prom latest). I've been trying it before and after my fcb1010 and the bidirectional states (on the fcb1010) go all wonky. All leds are just flashing. I'm not sure this is because of the the way the eprom is programmed on the fcb1010 and mumbly jumbly midi messages getting all mixed up?! someone wanna throw me a bone here?

I programmed the mc6 using the desktop editor very basically. Bank 1 is just scenes pretty much. I want to have my FCB1010 to just stay in EF (effects mode) and the MC6 to be a sidecar for scenes and then do another bank for looper etc

I have my MC and Roland FC-300 setup the same way - MC is basically my addon.
I just plug the Roland midi out into the MC midi in.
Then MC out into the Axe.
This way you can use either.
I did find that using the Roland exp pedal sent continuous program changes to the MC (changing banks)
I think I just changed the CC it was sending out to a different value and PC messages stopped.

*Cool tip:
I assign the "Toggle Page" parameter to toggle between presets A-F and G-L
So at the press of a switch you have access to 6 more presets within the bank (total of 12).
Of course you have to sacrifice two of them to toggle back and forth on each set.

Last edited:
This is how i'm connected: Axe fx midi out > FCB1010 midi in > fcb1010 midi out/thru >MC6 midi in > MC6 midi out/thru > Axe fx midi in. Theres the loop which seems simple enough.
My issue: some strange behaviors with my fcb1010, now no longer bidirectional- not telling me what effects are on/off. In fact, the button leds now just flash like its all confused. also sometimes when i press a switch on the fcb1010 it changes banks on the MC6.

not sure this has anything to do with it but my MC6 is connected to my Mac via USB for power. I also run Axe Edit so i have usb from Axe Fx to Mac.

Last edited:
This is how i'm connected: Axe fx midi out > FCB1010 midi in > fcb1010 midi out/thru >MC6 midi in > MC6 midi out/thru > Axe fx midi in. Theres the loop which seems simple enough.
My issue: some strange behaviors with my fcb1010, now no longer bidirectional- not telling me what effects are on/off. In fact, the button leds now just flash like its all confused. also sometimes when i press a switch on the fcb1010 it changes banks on the MC6.

not sure this has anything to do with it but my MC6 is connected to my Mac via USB for power. I also run Axe Edit so i have usb from Axe Fx to Mac.
No reason for the first part of your config (Axe out). Also you don't need anything going into the FCB.
Just: fcb1010 midi out/thru >MC6 midi in > MC6 midi out/thru > Axe fx midi in.
Power is unrelated.
Your Behringer is sending PC messages to the MC6.
The only way I could figure out how to fix this is to put MC on a different midi channel than the FCB.
For some reason the MC can be on a different channel than the Axe and still work.
If you do go this route remember to always set the MC editor (If you use it) to whatever channel you set the unit to or it won't work with the editor.

Last edited:
I'll give this a shot but i use the two cable method for the eureka prom on the fcb to show effect states. That was part of the reason i got the Eureka in the first place. Maybe that's the sacrifice I make to get this working

update: I've been talking with Dave from Eureka and it seems the way the eprom works is that when I connect both pieces i'll lose the bidirectional feedback for block states. The other obvious issue was that I needed to change the midi channel for one or the other as midi messages were conflicting. Simple enough. So in short, for me to use both of these midi pedals together I just lose the bidirectional feature which isn't great but not a deal breaker necessarily. I think in time I'll end up getting another MC6 for the extra switches. Nice small footprint have both MC6's on a pedal board and pick up another expression pedal - perhaps another mission or maybe the new fractal ev-2...

Back
Top Bottom