MC-6. Small, fully programmable midi controller

will a laptop be able to power this mc6 through usb and if yes can i then simply use a 5 pin midi cable rather than a 7 pin cable.

also do i need 2 cables as there appears to be an in and out midi sockets on the m6

Also is it possible to use for example bank 1 for scenes on a preset and then use a spare button on the MC6 and switch the unit into a looper mode?

Mr. Max Haze...It would be much appreciated if you program MC-6 serve as FC6, let's say perform OMG9 function
such that minimal real estate resources taken on a pedal board in conjunction with FM3. Greatly anticipated sir!

advice appreciated on setting up the looper.

do people use toggle feature each of the looper functions they use

so for example when setting record to a switch would you use 2 messages toggled so that press once it sends a 127 value and switches on record and then that same switch has a second toggle so next time you press record it send a value of 0 and stops the record or is that no actually necessary when using the looper as i note that the looper functions on the axe fx do not have a separate stop control

@MorningstarFX
With the MC6 or MC8, is it possible to quickly scroll up or down the presets and / or the banks of the Ax FxIll?
If so, is this scrolling speed adjustable?

@MorningstarFX
With the MC6 or MC8, is it possible to quickly scroll up or down the presets and / or the banks of the Ax FxIll?
If so, is this scrolling speed adjustable?

Check the manual - if it's an option it should be mentioned. Not sure why you would want a fast scrolling speed.

Also with the mc8 it would make way more sense to have page 2 be a preset list as you would have easy access to 8 presets off the hop.

@Budda
Thank you for the answer. I need this fast scrolling of presets by keeping the preset up or down button pressed to go for example from preset 004 to 065 then to 38 ..... (
This feature (important to me) existed on the Fractal MFC but disappeared on the FC6 and FC12.
I will look at the MC8/MC6 manual to see if I find my happiness

@Budda
Thank you for the answer. I need this fast scrolling of presets by keeping the preset up or down button pressed to go for example from preset 004 to 065 then to 38 ..... (
This feature (important to me) existed on the Fractal MFC but disappeared on the FC6 and FC12.
I will look at the MC8/MC6 manual to see if I find my happiness

Why not just organize the presets you need in a cluster so you don't need the big jumps? That seems far easier. Then you would just need 1 up and 1 down and there's 24 presets.

how are people scrolling up their presets - i have used the preset options on the morningstar but it just jumps to preset 000 all the time and does not move up etc

Why not just organize the presets you need in a cluster so you don't need the big jumps? That seems far easier. Then you would just need 1 up and 1 down and there's 24 presets.

@Budda
When I play with a band, I obviously organize my presets in the order of the set list. But when I play alone (most of the time), I don't use a frozen directory in my way of working, which is why I have to scroll through my presets quickly (this feature is sorely lacking in FC6 and my feet work harder than my fingers)
Thank you

@Budda
When I play with a band, I obviously organize my presets in the order of the set list. But when I play alone (most of the time), I don't use a frozen directory in my way of working, which is why I have to scroll through my presets quickly (this feature is sorely lacking in FC6 and my feet work harder than my fingers)
Thank you

I take it you also have presets for home that aren't used live?

Just trying to think of ideas for organizing that may simplify things.

Would it make sense to have a "home" block and a "live" block of presets?

I think you would be able to set up the mc6/mc8 to jump banks and presets, which may be more of what you're looking for. Can't say for sure though as I don't have one just yet.

G'day - first time poster, recently got both the Morningstar MC6 MKii and An AxeFx ii Mk ii

There is an option "Axefx Tuner" on the Morningstar however it does not seem to work when i use it (have patch changes working very basically for now)

Any assistance with this would be great (would it display on the pedal readout? that would be amazing if so)

Thanks in advance

Don

It's my first MIDI device and I'm struggling a bit with programming it the way I want, but I'm kinda proud of my minimalistic board. Powered by powerbank, so there's only one cable going out of the board. :) I'm still considering MC8, though. It'll fit as well on this Pedaltrain Nano.
qEnvRqY.jpg

What I'm trying to achieve is to have one button from EHX to be TapTempo/Tuner, and other two responsible for looper.
On MC 6, if that's possible, have A+B as preset up, B+C as preset down, and ABCDEF for Scenes 1-6. Maybe A hold bank up, C as bank down as well.

Back
Top Bottom