MC-6. Small, fully programmable midi controller

I have one of the new MC6 MkII units with firmware 3.0.0 and I can’t seem to find the conditional options to allow a short press to do a function and a press hold to perform a different function. I am a midi noob without a doubt, so hopefully someone can chime in to help. I do have switches setup for preset+, preset-, scene+ and scene- working beautifully, as well as turning blocks on/off! It is a pretty sweet little unit!

On the newer MKII unit, you can select the action that is tied to a message. The conditionals are only applicable to the MKI units

Hey everyone, simple question here> I'm thinking about phantom power for this unit. Would i just need this : http://www.famcmusic.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=73&tag=MIDI

and a typical 9V DC power supply? or do i also need a phantom power box as as well?
http://www.famcmusic.com/store/PhantomPowerBox?tag=MIDI

I don't want to use the phantom power via the Axe FX
You need to make sure first what pins accept the power on the MC-6 and make sure those items supply power using the same pins. It's not universal...

That cable says pins 6 and 7, so if the MC-6 also uses 6 and 7 then you could use the cable plus a power supply.

I'm pretty sure the MC6 uses pins 6 and 7. I just realized since i already have a nice long 7 pin midi cable that i could just get the break out box there which is cheaper. I'm not sure how the power is delivered via the box (pins 6+7?)

I'm pretty sure the MC6 uses pins 6 and 7. I just realized since i already have a nice long 7 pin midi cable that i could just get the break out box there which is cheaper. I'm not sure how the power is delivered via the box (pins 6+7?)
I would assume so... If their cable uses pins 6+7, it would only make sense that the box does the same.

Got my MKII unit to replace my bricked MK1; did some basic programming and its working great, even got the PC Scroll Up/Dwn to work for controlling axe fx presets inc/dec (didn't work on my MK1). Here's a question as the MKII has increased functions and hoping someone can chime in for how to program this.

My goal is to set one switch to toggle Delay X/Y but also ,and hopefully, be able to toggle the effect on/off with whatever state (X,Y) is active. If i set Delay X with CC : 0, 127 that will toggle on/off with a regular press. To engage Delay Y , I imagine setting a long press with the CC value for Delay Y but it would have to clear the first message? (Delay X) would it not? hope this makes sense.

Got my MKII unit to replace my bricked MK1; did some basic programming and its working great, even got the PC Scroll Up/Dwn to work for controlling axe fx presets inc/dec (didn't work on my MK1). Here's a question as the MKII has increased functions and hoping someone can chime in for how to program this.

My goal is to set one switch to toggle Delay X/Y but also ,and hopefully, be able to toggle the effect on/off with whatever state (X,Y) is active. If i set Delay X with CC : 0, 127 that will toggle on/off with a regular press. To engage Delay Y , I imagine setting a long press with the CC value for Delay Y but it would have to clear the first message? (Delay X) would it not? hope this makes sense.
So basically you want a short (normal) press to enable or disable a block, while a long press would toggle X/Y?

As long as the MC-6 supports long press, that should be trivial.

Are people finding the switches easy to use on the MC-6? All the videos I can find have people pressing the switches with their finger. :) It looks like they are closer together than the MFC-101 switches (which I already find just a tad close together). Can anyone tell me the horizontal distance between the buttons?

Are people finding the switches easy to use on the MC-6? All the videos I can find have people pressing the switches with their finger. :) It looks like they are closer together than the MFC-101 switches (which I already find just a tad close together). Can anyone tell me the horizontal distance between the buttons?
The switches are 58mm apart for the horizontal distance.

Thanks for reporting on the MC-6. A really great product! I use a Gordius Little Giant with my AxeFx2 (and other things), it offers some more switches - that I like - but it is an obsolete product and if my LG dies it is good to know a MC-6 can be picked up in a hurry.

I have an MFC101 mkIII, running over ethernet to my axefx II XL+. I was thinking to get an MC-6 and run it via standard midi to have a dedicated looper controller (the mfc looper mode isn't very "desirable" for live situations).

Question: Can you run both at the same time? What happens if you trigger record on the MC-6, does the MFC101 even recognize record was pressed? Will the two units "fight"?

Question: Will the unit have issues with toggle, meaning you have to push play 2x after recording to stop, etc? (Already went down the switch route, wasn't gonna work well either...)

Thanks in advance!!!

Can you run both at the same time? What happens if you trigger record on the MC-6, does the MFC101 even recognize record was pressed? Will the two units "fight"?
You can and things will be okay as long as you're very careful to never cross the streams. You shouldn't use the MFC for any looper control and you shouldn't use the MC-6 for anything but looper control.

You can and things will be okay as long as you're very careful to never cross the streams. You shouldn't use the MFC for any looper control and you shouldn't use the MC-6 for anything but looper control.

Cool! What about the "state". Say you press record, then another button is set to play, will it turn off the record automatically if you press it? Is that a programmable setting?

@MorningstarFX
I am trying to get a Mk1 unit setup to trigger the AXE III looper controls.

Is it possible to send a single signal to set the unit to change to quick button response without having to press a second time for setting the ON/OFF toggle for the arm command?
I want to have a two signal midi command to enter the Looper Bank with a single button press - ie 1=switch to looper bank, and 2=set arm to on. And a similar message to exit the looper bank - 1) switch off arm and 2) change bank.

I am using a Mk1 with a FS3 3 switch footswitch to use for back changes (I don't use the press double switches features on the MC6 at all (except for entering/exiting programming mode) - all bank changes are done fro the FS3 buttons)

Back
Top Bottom