MC-6. Small, fully programmable midi controller

I'm having an issue where I can still change banks with bank lock (B+D) enabled. It appears that the top buttons (D+E bank up or E+F bank down) still work with bank lock on. The lower buttons are locked though (A+B and B+C). They also change banks when bank lock is off (i.e. immediately after powering up) - I didn't think they were supposed to do this?
I'm running FW 2.4.1. I haven't updated yet as I have a couple of gigs soon and don't want to risk issues.

I'm having an issue where I can still change banks with bank lock (B+D) enabled. It appears that the top buttons (D+E bank up or E+F bank down) still work with bank lock on. The lower buttons are locked though (A+B and B+C). They also change banks when bank lock is off (i.e. immediately after powering up) - I didn't think they were supposed to do this?
I'm running FW 2.4.1. I haven't updated yet as I have a couple of gigs soon and don't want to risk issues.
There's a new FW out 2.5
Not sure it will help but worth a shot.

Trying to control the MC with my Boss FS-6.
James at Morningstar has been very diligent at trying to solve my problem but at the moment I have no solution yet.
Just want to confirm something for those who are successfully using an aux switch with their MC:
Cable is a "stereo" cable - two rings. This is not a splitter cable correct?

little follow up question here, didn't see an answer in my initial research: it can be powered via usb, phantom midi or power supply. Wondering if I can use USB mainly just for power while midi cables are connected for midi communication?

little follow up question here, didn't see an answer in my initial research: it can be powered via usb, phantom midi or power supply. Wondering if I can use USB mainly just for power while midi cables are connected for midi communication?
USB /midi works great.

Wiih one cable: can you get bi-directional communication?
fex) Scene changes and remember what status an IA had in a previous scene

Does anyone have any idea when these might be available again? Looking to try one out and they seem to be all sold out until 2018, which I realize is tomorrow, but I'd like to try to source one right this very magical minute. :)

Seriously tho, I suspect there will be build and shipping time waiting from the manufacturer and I'm trying to find one stateside. Thanks for any help in advance.

Does anyone have any idea when these might be available again? Looking to try one out and they seem to be all sold out until 2018, which I realize is tomorrow, but I'd like to try to source one right this very magical minute. :)

Seriously tho, I suspect there will be build and shipping time waiting from the manufacturer and I'm trying to find one stateside. Thanks for any help in advance.

Just bought one used on Reverb.

MC6 and AX8 both have USB type B connectors. If I get a B to B USB cable, will that provide power? Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom