MC-6. Small, fully programmable midi controller

I just bought a MC6 I wanted to use as a sidecar for my Ax8. Really excited about the possibilities of adding easy accessible extra functionality for my Ax8!

I've just been reading and can see that the Ax8 doesn't send CC messages which is a bit of a bummer so I assume that it will never be possible to get the MC6 to be able to toggle say a Delay bypass on/off message if that gets changed on a scene in the Ax8?

And another thing, if anyone is using this with the Ax8. Is it possible at all to reset the state on the MC6 if I change preset on the Ax8? I.e. if I setup the MC6 to just do Scene 1-6, select scene 2 on the MC6 and the change preset on the Ax8. The MC6 will then still display scene 2. Is it possible to make it revert to scene 1 on a PC change?

My guess is that a MC6 intro an AX8 works fine, but the other way around has limitations.

My guess is that a MC6 intro an AX8 works fine, but the other way around has limitations.

Yes, that's certainly how it seems. And since the Ax8 doesn't send CCs, I don't think there's anything that anyone could do.

It's still going to be useful though :)

Hey guys this thing is great but the switches are so close together that sometimes (quite often actually) I change banks instead of changing presets because I accidentally hit 2 buttons at once. Is there a way to turn off 2-button bank changes on the MC-6 as I want to use the external 3-button switch for bank changes.

Hey guys this thing is great but the switches are so close together that sometimes (quite often actually) I change banks instead of changing presets because I accidentally hit 2 buttons at once. Is there a way to turn off 2-button bank changes on the MC-6 as I want to use the external 3-button switch for bank changes.

There's a bank lock function you can toggle by pressing B+D

Thanks. Does that lock bank changes with an external switch too? The switch is in the post so I can't test it yet.
Ideally I'd like to avoid having to turn bank lock on and off every song (as I have a different patch for each song)

Thanks. Does that lock bank changes with an external switch too? The switch is in the post so I can't test it yet.
Ideally I'd like to avoid having to turn bank lock on and off every song (as I have a different patch for each song)

Yup, it's across banks and you can still use an external switch to change banks. The lock will remain unit the unit is reset

What I'd want is a cc sequence function over two switches. I don't know if something like that is possible.
One switch for value up and one switch for value down, and then 4 or so slots to store the values in them, so you could move up/down between these values #1, #2, #3, #4.
That's a bit similar to the scene concept but still different.
With scenes you always fall back to scene #1 when you leave the preset, which makes it impossible to use scenes for global settings over all presets.

So I had my first rehearsal with the MC6 a couple of days ago. I setup button A, B, D, E as Scene 1-4, with hold press selecting Scene 5-8. Button C selects a momentary boost and button F is the same boost but non-momentary.

Scene 4, button E, is my main lead scene and I really struggled to hit that button consistently. So now I'm reconfiguring the MC6 without using button E and creating different pages using button B to cycle through the pages. That leaves the outside 4 buttons for various functions.

So a bit of a feature request for the desktop editor - is there a way to program a button or expression pedal to perform the same function across all patches (rather than repeat the same thing 30 times)? E.g. I have a button which is tap tempo in every patch. Is there a way to program this across all patches in one go? Same for bank up and down, plus my expression pedal; these are the same in all patches.
Thanks

So a bit of a feature request for the desktop editor - is there a way to program a button or expression pedal to perform the same function across all patches (rather than repeat the same thing 30 times)? E.g. I have a button which is tap tempo in every patch. Is there a way to program this across all patches in one go? Same for bank up and down, plus my expression pedal; these are the same in all patches.
Thanks

Yes, that can be done via the onboard edit function. Just select your preset (or exp), press D+F (or A+C for exp) to go into the edit screen, and then select COPY. And then select another preset and press PASTE to paste from the last copied preset. Hold down PASTE to paste it to all banks.

Sweet thanks! This just copies the single button function right? I don't want to overwrite full presets, just the tap tempo etc.

wondering if there's a way to incorporate this alongside my. FCB1010 (eureka). Would be cool to have the MC6 for dedicated looper and /or scene switching. Seems this is much simpler than I realized, just need to place the MC6 downstream from my FCB1010. I'm definitely pulling the trigger on this.

Last edited:
wondering if there's a way to incorporate this alongside my. FCB1010 (eureka). Would be cool to have the MC6 for dedicated looper and /or scene switching. Seems this is much simpler than I realized, just need to place the MC6 downstream from my FCB1010. I'm definitely pulling the trigger on this.
Yes it will. I'm using it alongside my FC-300.
When I step on a switch on the FC, it will send a bank change command to MC.
Would love to see custom mapping on the MC.

Back
Top Bottom