MC-6. Small, fully programmable midi controller

Got this little great device the other day. Easy to program even for a old non tech guy like me.
Main problem is pilot error of course. I assumed...hrrrmm.. that AXE-FX for sure would have preset increase decrease cc# (same as scenes) but it doesn't.

As my hero James May would have said. "OH COCK, This is a massive OH COCK"

any clever ideas guys? workarounds? etc

Sounds good this unit, but don't see it for sale in Europe and the price seems quite prohibitive compared to a Behringer foot control board (100E on 2nd hand market), but of course it's lots and lots more compact...

Sounds good this unit, but don't see it for sale in Europe and the price seems quite prohibitive compared to a Behringer foot control board (100E on 2nd hand market), but of course it's lots and lots more compact...

I am sure they ship worldwide but of course you have to calculate shipping and perhaps import duties+vat and compare it with other options. Tough for a small scale guy compete with those options though.
Great unit with perfect small footprint

Got this little great device the other day. Easy to program even for a old non tech guy like me.
Main problem is pilot error of course. I assumed...hrrrmm.. that AXE-FX for sure would have preset increase decrease cc# (same as scenes) but it doesn't.

As my hero James May would have said. "OH COCK, This is a massive OH COCK"

any clever ideas guys? workarounds? etc

Usually that's handled by the controller itself. The controller checks what the current preset is, adds or distracts 1, and sends the corresponding PC.

Usually that's handled by the controller itself. The controller checks what the current preset is, adds or distracts 1, and sends the corresponding PC.
Yes yes yes... dont rub it in ;)

Working with the MC-6 bank up/down which I assign a PC# so work with 30 presets (MC-6 has 30 banks) I think/hope that would work.

Yes yes yes... dont rub it in ;)

Working with the MC-6 bank up/down which I assign a PC# so work with 30 presets (MC-6 has 30 banks) I think/hope that would work.

How about using the PC Scroll Up/Down message type on the MC6? That would allow you to scroll through your preset on the AxeFX

EDIT: OK Just saw a better pict and see that the buttons in the back are higher and I suppose I can tilt it also. So one other question: It says web editor, I am assumimhg they mean in a browser, NOT that you need an internet connection to use the editor.

SOLVED THIS PART: Curious, I was looking at this tonight (videos). It looks like there is NO angle to the top? I mean to tap the top buttons without hitting the bottom buttons (Barefoot buttons), but still curious. Thanks

EDIT: OK Just saw a better pict and see that the buttons in the back are higher and I suppose I can tilt it also. So one other question: It says web editor, I am assumimhg they mean in a browser, NOT that you need an internet connection to use the editor.

SOLVED THIS PART: Curious, I was looking at this tonight (videos). It looks like there is NO angle to the top? I mean to tap the top buttons without hitting the bottom buttons (Barefoot buttons), but still curious. Thanks

Yeah, the buttons are the back row are higher than the front. You'll need an internet connection to access the web editor, but if you already have it open, it'll still run if you disable your internet, as long as you don't click on Refresh. We've also got a desktop editor that does not require an internet connection, but it's essentially the same thing.

Yeah, the buttons are the back row are higher than the front. You'll need an internet connection to access the web editor, but if you already have it open, it'll still run if you disable your internet, as long as you don't click on Refresh. We've also got a desktop editor that does not require an internet connection, but it's essentially the same thing.

OK Thanks....Wouldn't like a web app, but desktop app sounds good.....

I'm having a minor issue with this pedal. It's brand new so still getting my head around it though. When I select a preset or scene change there is a short (less than about 0.5 s) delay before the axe-fx changes. It's long enough that if I press the MC-6 on the beat I can easily hear the lag before it changes. This even happens with scenes within a preset.
At the moment it's set up so that each switch within a preset sends a PC message (for the preset) then the CC for the scene. This is so I can directly select any scene within a preset at any time. I've used a similar setup with other gear (RJM Mastermind controlling a Boss GP-10, Strymon Timeline and RJM loop switcher) and never had this issue.
Does anyone know what could be causing it? The delay between sending the PC and CC message should be milliseconds at most so I wouldn't suspect it is that.
Thanks

edit: just to clarify the sound doesn't cut out, there's just a lag between the button press and scene change. I also tried a patch with only cc messages and the delay is still there. It's probably more like 0.2 seconds but still noticeable.

Last edited:
When I select a preset or scene change there is a short (less than about 0.5 s) delay before the axe-fx changes.

A guess after looking at manual:

Try adjusting the "switch sensitivity" parameter. It sounds like that sets tolerance (maximum time allowed between presses) for dual-switch commands, which would mean waiting that long to send a one-switch command. Adjusting one way or the other (not sure which) should give faster one-switch response but require more precise timing for dual-switch commands.

We just added a new feature into the v2.5 beta firmware. The Name Toggle feature allows you to switch between different words like "Play" and "Stop", "On" and "Off" by using placeholders in your preset name. It can also show the PC number if you are doing PC scrolling. If there's any other combinations you would like to see, feel free to let us know:)

Hi. Would I have to do software updates on it? Second, can it jump around to different banks for my AxeFx 2 presets and scenes? What are this pedals main limitations vs the MFC 101 ? I'm very interested in this MC6.

Back
Top Bottom