MB MARK V 90w USERS NEED HELP!

ATR1

Inspired
I am struggling to get a good channel #2 rhythm tone. (Mark V Combo channel 2/Eq preset around 2-3 on clock face)

Can someone give me a setting for a drive or OD that works well in a live band situation or even setting on amp? I am thinking more on the line of classic rock on the heavy side tone. I am looking to push channel 2 harder.

I can get some fantastic tone in my house, but does not transfer to live action mix. I am tweaking with band at practice ugh!..

Thx Tony

Same here, I was tweaking at outdoor gig last night with my fender hotrod deville clean chanel and a monitor box. Or maybe .... The AX8 will be better for live situation? We were supposed to wait the Ax8 weren't we?

What are you lacking right now tone wise on channel #2? Have you tried using the slider eq instead of the preset to see what you're missing?

I find just using a clean boost has sounded better for me than trying to get tone out of a drive block. If you like the tone your getting but just need more gain this should be the ticket.

For me I think it's the learning curve. I bought the unit for the separation between pre and post effects.

What are you lacking right now tone wise on channel #2? Have you tried using the slider eq instead of the preset to see what you're missing?
I need to push the tubes more clean boost may be the ticket. I want to see what others are using and settings..

For settings, I'm starting with the tube screamer drive block. Drive at zero and output level at three. This is pushing my crunch sound just a little for more sustain and compression to get me to my lead sound. Be careful though, I programmed at home with lower volume, when I turned up to practice level I had to reduce the output level due to feedback. I think 3 is where I ended up.

For settings, I'm starting with the tube screamer drive block. Drive at zero and output level at three. This is pushing my crunch sound just a little for more sustain and compression to get me to my lead sound. Be careful though, I programmed at home with lower volume, when I turned up to practice level I had to reduce the output level due to feedback. I think 3 is where I ended up.

I don't know what it is but there is a setting that makes everything sound over processed computerized for lack of words. Just horrible. I need to keep messing with settings I'm sure it is me not setting drives up right. that was why I want other
Mark V setting to try..

I find just using a clean boost has sounded better for me than trying to get tone out of a drive block. If you like the tone your getting but just need more gain this should be the ticket.

+1.
make sure you tweak the FX8 under live playing conditions in case your gigging. I did last weekend in my rehearsal room. I found boost and low OD settings with nice different flavours, depending on the drive type. But drives with more gain did not much for me. I was a bit disappointed when comparing it to my analogue OD pedal which sounds nicer to me. To my surprise one thing absolutely blew my mind: the compressor. Never was a fan of using compressors, but the FX8 excels here and I find myself leaving it always on. Great!
I must say, I needed to tweak a lot and I am a bit tired of it.

To my surprise one thing absolutely blew my mind: the compressor. Never was a fan of using compressors, but the FX8 excels here and I find myself leaving it always on. Great! .

I couldn't agree more I've never had a compressor on my board. But I love the sound of the FX8 compressor.

I always stack multiple low gain drives. To me the FX8 is surprisingly good at this end of the gain spectrum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was able to do some troubleshooting with my 4CM rig. My chain goes like this Guitar > G50 wireless L6 > poly-tuner > FX8 > Front Amp/ AMP Send to FX8 Post in/ Post out to AMP Return. For some reason the G50 is cleaning up my signal not sure how? If I pull G50 from board and Guitar cable > poly-tuner I get my AMP crunch tone I have been missing. STRANGE!

**2nd problem I have is when I try to use my channel 3 it hisses so bad its unusable. Even when I am muting guitar with poly-tuner. (I cannot get the on board tuner to mute) I tried global gate no effect. I place a gate in the post section with no effect. I put my ISP Decimator between the AMP and FX8 little to no effect. I placed the decimator between AMP send and FX* no effect lots of hiss. About the same as my 5150 which they are know for but the decimator would calm that down.

So Question for you MARK V USERS how are you using your channel#3? How are you setting up a gate in FX8?

I don't know what it is but there is a setting that makes everything sound over processed computerized for lack of words. Just horrible. I need to keep messing with settings I'm sure it is me not setting drives up right. that was why I want other
Mark V setting to try..

****UPDATE: It was my V2 pre-amp tube making it sound funny. Replaced it and back in business. Real amps have real problems sometimes tubes!

Back
Top Bottom