Mayer used an Axe-FX 3 for his new album

Status
Not open for further replies.
what song did you write when you were 14?
I wrote music without lyrics. My bad lyrics came later in my twentys. JM is a very good guitarist. So much is true. But I find a lot of his lyrics (and him) always a little bit cheesy. And in my ears this news sounds also like „Hey look, Paris Hilton is playing axe fx!“
Like most of the time in music a matter of taste. And I’m from germany, what do I know?Please, don‘t kick me out for this. My wicked tongue.

I wrote music without lyrics. My bad lyrics came later in my twentys. JM is a very good guitarist. So much is true. But I find a lot of his lyrics (and him) always a little bit cheesy. And in my ears this news sounds also like „Hey look, Paris Hilton is playing axe fx!“
Like most of the time in music a matter of taste. And I’m from germany, what do I know?Please, don‘t kick me out for this. My wicked tongue.
I was drawn towards him because of the lyrics. Perfect songs.
Swiss perception.... ;)

Mayer is one of the modern guys who has championed vintage or vintage inspired gear throughout his career. The fact a "Dumble" guy gives his public stamp of approval on the axe is pretty substantial in my opinion. It would be comparable to Bonamassa doing the same. If the old guard of keeping everything entirely authentic is starting to change their minds, that's a milestone.

Besides that, the Paris Hilton analogy is ridiculous.

It's great that he's enjoying it more. His opinions matter, especially the critical ones.

Same here don’t worry . Everyone got their tastes, but for me he plays music for 14 yo girls . Here only girls like him 😅. I ve listen a couple track , he play good but nothing’s special, the song from SNOB rock (lol) sound like a diluted dire strait (wild blue if I remember ) . Now I need to run before showing the gigs in bars that I was doing at 14 .
this guy is pretentious and gives me zero emotions and don’t impress me at all . Tastes like they say .

I have a feeling many of us are within a decade or so of each other.

Btw - Not all musicians make it to be old. I also find those that struggle in life are often better people for it.

Glad JM is enlightened a little w/ our AxeFX …👍

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom