Mayer through the III

Man I want that preset! Also he said his powered cab had Bluetooth so that narrows it down to a few. I use my Bose S1 Pro for practicing like that and it sounds damn good with the AX8! Not even sure if it’s really a FRFR but the little thing sounds great and gets pretty loud.

Man I want that preset! Also he said his powered cab had Bluetooth so that narrows it down to a few. I use my Bose S1 Pro for practicing like that and it sounds damn good with the AX8! Not even sure if it’s really a FRFR but the little thing sounds great and gets pretty loud.
He’s used Allesandro powered cabs in the past: http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/john-mayer-with-an-axe-fx-iii-and-khalid.149870/

If the cabs are using Dayton power amp they’d have BT capability.

Man, that sounds incredible. Dude can obviously rip it up and gives a pretty straight forward review, and you can tell he digs how it sounds. Pretty cool!

I'm a huge Mayer fan! So glad to see that someone at that level who owns some of the most sought after amps in the world still has an open mind to other options! I'm sure he has been able to try out most digital modellers, so this is a big feather in Fractal's cap!

Also very cool to hear that he and Matt are texting buddies!! I don't have anyone that cool saved in my contacts list.

His Try! album with Steve Jordan and Pino Palladino is pure badassery all around. The cover of Wait Until Tomorrow grooves hard. I saw Mayer with Dead and Company and he absolutely killed it. I had never seen the Dead before in any form so I was very surprised to realize just how great Bob Weir was as a rhythm guitarist - he did a remarkable job of playing really great parts behind solos, it really made a huge difference in keeping everything very interesting.

His Try! album with Steve Jordan and Pino Palladino is pure badassery all around. The cover of Wait Until Tomorrow grooves hard. I saw Mayer with Dead and Company and he absolutely killed it. I had never seen the Dead before in any form so I was very surprised to realize just how great Bob Weir was as a rhythm guitarist - he did a remarkable job of playing really great parts behind solos, it really made a huge difference in keeping everything very interesting.
I really saw the light with Mayer when he started the Trio stuff. I wasn’t a big fan of the pop music prior to that. Then the Dead and Co gig sealed the deal for me. I’m all in on Mayer being the second coming. :D

That’s ridiculously good. I love playing that song with the band.

Check that one at around the 5:50 mark when he starts to rip. And with no pick too! The groove on that solo is just nuts.

I was in a stadium watching him play last week and it was 50% guitar nerds like me geeking out over the tone and the licks and 50% women who were there to hear the pop hits and him sing directly to them. Everyone screamed when he solo’ed. If you’re looking for the person who’s going to save rock guitar in popular music, he’s that person.

Last edit. The whole Bowery show is here:

Worth the watch.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom