Maybe you can help?

Hey Gang:

Looking for a little advice/guidance here. Maybe you will have some experience or have heard of guys doing this.

Output 1 is going L/R to DAW and/or FOH

Output 2 (switched to mirror output 1 in settings) is going to Friedman Flat Response cab.....

Obviously I’m getting 2 completely different sounds. What do most guys do when using this set up? Adjust the global EQ on Output 2? The Friedman is big and deep sounding. More so than DAW and I suspect FOH.

Friedman has no built in EQ. Just the low cut. Which is engaged. The Friedman is dark and different sounding. Any advice, or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Marc

You've just learned how tremendously different two (supposedly "flat response") speakers can sound. The question is what are you using for monitoring the DAW. If you say KRK Rockit 4's I'm going to buy a plane ticket to go over there and kick you in the nuts.

You've just learned how tremendously different two (supposedly "flat response") speakers can sound. The question is what are you using for monitoring the DAW. If you say KRK Rockit 4's I'm going to buy a plane ticket to go over there and kick you in the nuts.

This. (The 'flat' response of different speakers...not the nuts part.)

It can be a tough road getting those to sound the same. Can also tinker with cabs going one direction or another.

Ugh! The Eternal FOH vs. On-Stage Tone Conundrum with modeling gear! Compounded even further for me as I always blend guitar synth stuff into my signal chain so Global EQ is not a good option as what works for a guitar tone isn't necessarily going to play nicely with fake trumpet noises :mad:

I've almost gotten down to where I will separate my signal chains completely and just use both inputs on my CLR and send the blended out from it to FOH. Good luck as once you start that "Oh well my 2x12 guitar cab fed with a ss power amp sounds great, but nothing like the direct feed I am sending to the board" rat race; UGH.

I just spit coffee all over my ipad screen...

I use KRK Rockit 5s and a KRK 10s subwoofer - can I get a nut kicking in PA?

Is this an inside joke or are the KRK rokits garbage?

On at least 4 occasions I have talked to an AxeFX owner who was ready to ditch the box. After suggesting they upgrade from their KRK Rockits each and every one of them were suddenly in love with it.

I could only dream to kick someone ...anywhere. :D

FWIW, a VERY wise forum member steered me in the direction of Event Opals. Wow! So that’s how an AxeFX is supposed to sound! Then, when I switch to my 2 CLR’s the sound is nearly identical (difference likely due to the much larger speakers and volume). So there is a lot of truth in the “not all flat response devices are equal.”

Despite what others have said, my Rokit 5s and 10s sub have been good to me, and certainly haven't made me feel like parting with the Axe.

I'm relying on @austinbuddy's tones as a basis for all the presets I'm making, so hopefully that will somewhat guard against any curve the Rokit's might have. I haven't used the Axe Fx in a live band situation yet - just in an acoustic duo a couple of times, so I suppose I might have some adjusting to do when I go live after the FC-12 is shipped.

I have a Xitone on backorder from @MicFarlow as well, so that will give me another reference point. After all the outlay this year moving into the modeling world, It's unlikely that I'll be upgrading my studio monitors for a while - unless @Admin M@ want's to pay me a visit, give my ear a whack, then talk sweetly into my wives about the need for an upgrade...

Back
Top Bottom