Maybe this forum could be "Fractal Product Reviews"?

Deadpool_25

Fractal Fanatic
Seems like this forum is only for reviews of the Axe FX. There is no corresponding area to post reviews for the AX8 or FX8. Might be cool to have either a single place for reviews or a Review Section with sub forums for each product.

Just a thought. :)

Well... It falls under the Axe-Fx II category above it. Doesn't seem to make a lot of sense to re-brand it.

Maybe a new higher level forum for all products?

For the amount of traffic that this sub-forum gets, it seems more logical to leave it as it is. We're really trying to keep the amount of sub forums down. Makes it easier to navigate and (for the most part) easier to figure out where to post a thread.

And all the platforms are basically running the same code (i.e. no sonic differences between any of them.) For the most part, that's what we're all reviewing?

For the amount of traffic that this sub-forum gets, it seems more logical to leave it as it is. We're really trying to keep the amount of sub forums down. Makes it easier to navigate and (for the most part) easier to figure out where to post a thread.

And all the platforms are basically running the same code (i.e. no sonic differences between any of them.) For the most part, that's what we're all reviewing?
So then wouldn't it make sense to move this sub-forum to a top level, not nested under Axe Fx II?

Doesn't really bother me because that's what I have anyway, but it would make for a "common" location.

Site is what it is at this point. Sweeping changes aren’t really in the plans right now. Do we want M@ distracted with trivialities? Heck no!

Note: The following is posted for friendly debate purposes only; this is probably not important. In fact, I'd forgotten about this thread lol

It's only logical if people aren't expected to post reviews of the other products in this forum. Where should people post reviews of their AX8s or FX8s? In this forum? There is absolutely nothing that implies that.

On the amount of traffic this forum gets, perhaps this forum gets less activity than it might if people thought it was appropriate to post AX8 or FX8 reviews here (or somewhere). Scrolling through the first few pages, the only non-AFX product discussed seems to be the EV-2 and that is because someone was asking about it.

The platforms are running very similar code, but not identical. The AX8 is quite similar to the AFX, but the FX8 is significantly different. Code isn't all that relevant to the point though, which is: Does Fractal want reviews of the other products? If so, where? If here, the current system is clearly not doing that job (unless no one wants to review their AX8 or FX8). If they don't want those reviews (I find that hard to believe) then all is fine; no change warranted.

While I certainly agree with not having too many sub forums, having one all-encompassing review forum as opposed to one AFX-only forum doesn't change the number of sub forums. It could easily be placed in the "General Topics" section. Again though, the bottom line is in bold above.

Site is what it is at this point. Sweeping changes aren’t really in the plans right now. Do we want M@ distracted with trivialities? Heck no!

Site "is what it is" is a decision. It's not like its unchangeable or even difficult to change. I hardly think of the suggestion as a "sweeping change." It's actually quite simple (granted, arguably minor). I think such a change would be so simple, calling it a distraction is overstating the required work to implement by quite a bit.

Also, I think it could be reasonably argued that it's not really all that trivial. See the bold text above. If Fractal would want reviews on this forum about the other products, then it may be very low on a prioritization list, but not trivial. However, if reviews of the other products are either unwelcome or relatively unimportant (and they could be since there are reviews in other places), then yes it's trivial.

Anyway, that was a fun little debate. Allowed me to burn a few minutes out of a boring work day. Carry on. ;)

Back
Top Bottom