Maybe a silly question about cables...

YtsEjaM-

Inspired
Hi everyone! i have a simple question.
I live in Argentina, and because of inflation/devaluation/crisis etc everything related to music gear is very expensive here (about almost three times more expesive than USA or even more).
So, i have a friend in california who is coming in november to my country and i was buying some things in ebay, amazon etc.
I want a recommendation about guitar cables :cool:. What are you buying that are noiseless, 3mt or 6mts and not too expensive?
I have the AX8 and i want a better cables (I have ones that are making noises)

thank you all!

Any good quality cable should work. Mogami cables are good and not too expensive.
Thank you, yes i know that any good quality cable should work, but since a i was looking in ebay and there is so many brands, i wanted to know if maybe there is a recommended/liked brand do you guys use in USA.
i know mogami and i know they make good cables, but since your market is so big...;)

Check out George L's cables. You can buy the cables assembled and ready to go, or buy kits to make your own custom cables--very easy to do. I have been using the same couple of cables for years and never had a problem. Low impedance, durable, and cost effective. Not the cheapest, not the most expensive, but really great cables in my opinion.

Check out George L's cables. You can buy the cables assembled and ready to go, or buy kits to make your own custom cables--very easy to do. I have been using the same couple of cables for years and never had a problem. Low impedance, durable, and cost effective. Not the cheapest, not the most expensive, but really great cables in my opinion.
Thank you, i know them by name, but never had any experience. i will check it out!

i have a lot of mogami... some bought some built... it's nice cable, and easy to work with. that said, gulp, I really like planet waves cable. it is not easy to work with(if not using the solderless) as it has a braided shield that is tinned. It has an extra layer of foil shield. the signal wire is also tinned. also, I keep rolling over my fav cable with my chair about ten thousand times a day and yet it still works. It is a bit stiffer than the mogami but that hasn't translated to brittle for me.

I'm in the same situation dude. Inflation sucks. Other than guitar cables (I use planetwaves) I recommend buying a high quality Spdif cable for the AX8. I tested 2 random cables and the sound wasn't bad. Recently I bought a "Hosa DRA-502 RCA to RCA S/PDIF Coax Cable" from amazon. It sounds amazing. I can hear the difference. More air in the high end and deeper low end. All of a sudden everything feels better :)

These perform as well as any cable, available, they’re designed for rugged live use, and they’re reasonably pri.

https://btpa.com/Guitar-Line-Level/High-Definition/

Also, are you sure that the noise is coming in through your cable and not through your guitar?

Hi Rex, i have some random noises, i will upload later a little video to show you. But maybe y can describe, it makes noises when i move the mouse in the pc. I think the problem its my pc, but i really dont know.

I use mostly Mogami or Canare cables.

Yes, i think i will go with mogami, thank you for the suggestion @Chunktone and @mistermikev

I'm in the same situation dude. Inflation sucks. Other than guitar cables (I use planetwaves) I recommend buying a high quality Spdif cable for the AX8. I tested 2 random cables and the sound wasn't bad. Recently I bought a "Hosa DRA-502 RCA to RCA S/PDIF Coax Cable" from amazon. It sounds amazing. I can hear the difference. More air in the high end and deeper low end. All of a sudden everything feels better :)

Thats something interesting to try, i will try another SPDIF Cable. Thanks @Arsha.M.P

Back
Top Bottom