May I ask the difference for the frquency cut in three menus?

zicknick

Are they the same? Seems I can process almost same effect by dialing one of they three.

preamp fq cut.png

cab fq cut.png

cab preamp fq cut.png

Thanks

Attachments

• _20220827193232.jpg
    _20220827193232.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 66
Not quite the same.
The amp block one filter applies to the signal before it hits the Power stage (EL34, 6L6 tubes etc. & output transformer); heck, I think it's even before the DI hits the V1 tube.
The first one in the cab is applied to the entire signal after the IR does its thing; it always gets applied whereas the one in the Cab block Preamp menu only kicks in if you have the Preamp option set differently from "None" (ex. emulating your cab's signal running through a mixing desk with whatever type of preamps are listed under this menu).

[...]whereas the one in the Cab block Preamp menu only kicks in if you have the Preamp option set differently from "None" (ex. emulating your cab's signal running through a mixing desk with whatever type of preamps are listed under this menu).
I thought the filters in the preamp tab of the cab block work across all of the IRs regardless of the preamp being active or not? And the filters in the cab tab of the cab block can be used to fine tune individual IRs?

Not near the manual right now, but that's the impression I got. I'd rather be corrected than wrong!

1 and 2 should have very different results. If the cab preamp drive and saturation are at 0 then theoretically there should be no difference between options 2 and 3.

Last edited:
I thought the filters in the preamp tab of the cab block work across all of the IRs regardless of the preamp being active or not? And the filters in the cab tab of the cab block can be used to fine tune individual IRs?

Not near the manual right now, but that's the impression I got. I'd rather be corrected than wrong!
This is correct. The hi & low cuts in the OP's 2nd picture are for each individual IR. The hi & low cuts in the 3rd picture have nothing to do with the preamp or whether it's on or not. They are master hi & low cuts for the whole cab block.

Back
Top Bottom