Implemented Maxon SD9 Sonic Distortion

word, I want this too, this is all I could find on this site for the Maxon SD9

Double Verb (Twin) model set to light breakup and Maxon SD9 cloned using the Tube Drive model.

Settings for the Drive Block:
  • Type: Tube Drive
  • Drive: 4.50
  • Level: 2.80
  • Clip: 4558/Diode
  • Slew: 4.77
  • Bias: 0.300
  • Bass: 3.0
  • Treble: -3.0

anybody else have any approximates of the Maxon SD9??

Last edited:
Modded to what? Do you have a link to a description or a schematic?
To the SSD9 specs in the video linked. They boost the volume output of the original pedal, put the tone frequency at a lower point. The original pedal is pretty quiet compared to most other pedals.

For anyone who tries out this model with the tone knob at default and goes "yuck!".

The pedal is actually really incredible when set at somewhat ludicrous settings. Try gain and volume at 7 or 8 and put the tone knob to 2 or even lower. Also try setting the mid frequency to 500 instead of default. Then put your tone knob on your guitar down until it's smooth as butter. Or roll your volume down. What you get is a very similar thing to a muff or fuzz face but with a much less floppy/muddy sound.

Works just as well for the fusion legato thing or eric johnson like sound as it does for a gilmour lead sound. For me it responds much better to my guitar and playing than fuzzes do.

Sounds horrendous at what we would call "normal settings" but a lot of pedals do.

Back
Top Bottom