Maxon Od pedal?

How do you feel about a maxon OD?

• Total voters
Maxon are indeed the inventors of the Tube Screamer. Funny, isn't it considering how many ODs are out there based on that circuit.

I've still got an old MIJ TS10 (that's the model Vaughan and Mayer use), but it's no problem to dial in with the Axe. The one I'm still using as real hardware is a Maxon SD-9. Too lazy to attempt matching it with the Axe though :)

Surely we've got enough TS based ODs in there for now. A lot can be done tweaking the ones we've got already. I think we'd be better having more unique things added before we get even more variants of the TS circuit. :|

Since we have 2 tube screamers and some others that are based on them I would rather see a more unique flavor. I don't think there's anything wrong with the Maxon I just think something different might be better overall.

tonygtr said:
SD9!!!!!!!!! I WANT A SD9!!!! :)
Mine sounds very good in front of the Axe. I'm about to buy an old Rat, but at the moment it's the only 'true' distortion pedal I'm using (not including my Fuzzes). You know you could buy one, right :mrgreen: ?

VegaBaby said:
tonygtr said:
Mine sounds very good in front of the Axe. I'm about to buy an old Rat, but at the moment it's the only 'true' distortion pedal I'm using (not including my Fuzzes). You know you could buy one, right :mrgreen: ?

I got one of the whitebox reissues. They sound great.

javajunkie said:
VegaBaby said:
tonygtr said:

I got one of the whitebox reissues. They sound great.
Ohh...does it ? I've heard good things about the reissue, but some people complaint about the price in regards to that you could buy an old one cheaper probably. I'll look into that one as well. Another Rat type of pedal is the RetroSonic Distortion which has loads of options, but I have yet to try one...

edit
+/- 250,- € in Europe :shock: . That's boutique prices :lol: . Don't think I'm willing to pay that much for it....

I would love to get some of tghe barber pedals. Small fry, direct drive especially. I think they have a great marshal type edge to them. I have been able to come close by combining 2 drives on the axe but it would be great to get that in one drive block.

Back
Top Bottom