Maxon OD-808

GreatGreen

Power User
Hey guys, the more I look up modern metal guitar player rigs, the more I see the Maxon OD-808 pedal being used to boost amps. What is it about this pedal that's so great, and what do you think would be the best way to emulate this pedal in the Axe-Fx?

Hey guys, the more I look up modern metal guitar player rigs, the more I see the Maxon OD-808 pedal being used to boost amps. What is it about this pedal that's so great, and what do you think would be the best way to emulate this pedal in the Axe-Fx?

Choose the T808 Mod in the Drive block as the normal T808 is actually more based on the TS9 drive pedal, at least that's what's written in the Wiki. However, if you choose the T808 Mod version, be aware that it's a modded T808 in that it has greater transparency and more bass and gain. I'd not go too high on the drive dial and I'll certainly reduce bass and increase the slew limit.

Maxon gave them away like candies. Ibanez not so much.

Back
Top Bottom