Maxine Vocals

Man, I just love creative vocal arrangement. Some of that movement was subtle but so effective for the feel. Fagen and SD have been on my regular rotation list since before I started playing guitar, back into the early 70s. I still love listening to them.

Donald Fagen is a musical genius up there with Mozart.

Unfortunately the vast majority of people don't appreciate it and instead think this cr@p is music:

Yup - I get razzed by family members (particularly younger ones) over my love of Steely Dan. They roll their eyes and comment about having to endure Steely Dan in the car. Maybe someday they will "hear the light"

Watching one of my former band mates (who could figure out Steely Dan harmony vocals by ear on the fly) trying to clue us in was both epic and kinda funny.

The Live version of this , which I was hoping to hear on one of the three Steely Dan shows I was scheduled to see this week in Miami Beach, is amazing, even as Fagen’s voice is lower in the vocal mix…. but they Covid-cancelled this leg of the tour…still totally bummed .
Man!!!! He released a new Live album of this entire album. I always thought the Maxine vocals were insane!!!
the Nightfly only becomes more relevant and poignant as time decays…………….one of the great recordings and concepts of all time.

Now we need a dislike button…. That is such crap!
[

QUOTE="FractalAudio, post: 2160192, member: 7762"]
Donald Fagen is a musical genius up there with Mozart.

Unfortunately the vast majority of people don't appreciate it and instead think this cr@p is music:

[/QUOTE]

Back
Top Bottom