maximum CPU w/ 9.04?

warlockII

Fractal Fanatic
With our current firmware, where is the CPU danger zone for live use? I have a few presets that are getting close to 90% and don't know if I need to back them down or if I can squeeze in another block or two. I'm so close to having a perfect preset for 2 songs but don't want to find out mid gig that they glitch on me.
Thanks as always!

You will know if youve gone to far! You’ll get audio glitches it also seems like changing scenes can have a longer audio drop out but there may be other things going on when I have noticed this. I try to stay below 90 myself.

I had a preset that was that 94% CPU. I couldn't run Axe-Edit or USB audio on my Axe-Fx II while on that preset. But it was stable in live use. However the expression pedals were extremely sluggish. Once I trimmed it back to around 90%, the expression pedals worked much better. After that, Axe-Edit or USB audio worked okay, but not both at the same time.

I like to keep them under 90%. But I still have a couple that are right add it or maybe slightly above it. I just don't use USB audio while those presets are selected, otherwise there will be some crackling.

Under 90% is the recommendation. The other 10% is running everything else on the machine.

Thanks guys, I really appreciate the feedback! Now, I just need to stop reading the threads about the Axe III and keep enjoying this amazing piece of gear.

Also note that some of the Drive blocks can fluctuate in CPU... I've had that bite me on some "loaded" presets if I change from one Drive to another.

I have many that sit at 90% and I’ve never had a problem. If I go up to 92 or 93 I start encountering issues.

Back
Top Bottom