Max Midi Cable Length?

jumperboy

I currently am using a 25 ft. 7 pin midi cable which works great with the MFC & Axe. However, in a couple of instances it would be really nice to have a 30 or even 35 ft. cable. I have heard that 25 ft. is the maximum recommended length, but am looking for a more definitive answer than my memory of past conversations...

Thanks,
J

jumperboy said:
I currently am using a 25 ft. 7 pin midi cable which works great with the MFC & Axe. However, in a couple of instances it would be really nice to have a 30 or even 35 ft. cable. I have heard that 25 ft. is the maximum recommended length, but am looking for a more definitive answer than my memory of past conversations...

Thanks,
J
I have been using a 30ft for a while.

I think the Rocktron cable is 30ft as well, and everyone using those is good as well.

I would feel safe with 30ft.

TBurst Std said:
I have been using a 30ft for a while.

I think the Rocktron cable is 30ft as well, and everyone using those is good as well.

I would feel safe with 30ft.

Now I feel silly. I looked and that is the same cable I have been using. I thought it was 25 ft...

What I would love to have is 5 to 10 feet extra so I can fit the unit back stage. I can ALMOST get there now... Sorry for the error.

I saw on a WIKI that you can go up to 30 meters but I don't know how reliable that information is...

Thanks!
-J

I thought the MIDI cable spec was 50 feet. To go that far I would use a high-quality cable. I use 30 feet now without a problem.

Just an update.

I have been using the bestronics 40 ft. 7 pin midi cable and it has been working great.

(Just in case anyone was wondering...)

-J

jumperboy said:
Just an update.

I have been using the bestronics 40 ft. 7 pin midi cable and it has been working great.

(Just in case anyone was wondering...)

-J
cool beans! :!:

Since you bought 7-pin am I correct you are also running the Phantom Power to the MFC ? I'm considering a similar length 7-pin MIDI cable from best-tronics and wanted to check before ordering.

Since you bought 7-pin am I correct you are also running the Phantom Power to the MFC ? I'm considering a similar length 7-pin MIDI cable from best-tronics and wanted to check before ordering.
12 year old thread bump?!

The user you quoted hasn't been here in almost 3 years...

I commented on your other thread.

I checked my old order and this is the part number: FAS03-XX

However it looks like they don't have the product anymore. The product page used to specify max length of 20 feet.

How weird. Someone else emailed me this question the other day.
In retrospect, it wasn't officially supported, but I know of at least one band who used the BTPA cable at a length of 35 ft. between an MFC and Axe-Fx.

How weird. Someone else emailed me this question the other day.
In retrospect, it wasn't officially supported, but I know of at least one band who used the BTPA cable at a length of 35 ft. between an MFC and Axe-Fx.
Yeah that was because of me talking with BTPA. LOL. We ended up going with 30' based on your recommendation. Also buying a whip to a D-Panel connector for my patch panel in my roadcase with the AFX2

Back
Top Bottom