AFIII Matt's Raygun for Mark Day

Mark Day

FAS Artist-in-Residence
Fractal Audio Systems
Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds fantastic... Have to give it a go next time we do Rebel Yell. Love the " Quad Hands " behind you.. Purchased one recently. Quality tool.

Sounds great Mark. Now that I recently installed a Rebel Yell bridge in my GIbson with the ray gun etching and all, I gotta learn this song and use this preset. Thanks for sharing

Mark,
I've always enjoyed watching you videos over the years. You inspired me to create some a while back and I have finally started doing so. Check out the couple that I have posted here.

Thanks for the Inspiration.

I've created something similar in the past, extremely fun!

Flanger, Square wave trem (depth at 100%), and pitch block all assigned to one momentary switch, that slowly pitches down and decreases the trem spreed, then when I let go of the pedal it slowly increases trem speed and comes back to pitch. lost countless hours just ending sweet riffs holding that switch!

I'm not exactly sure who came up with it first, but I think Steve Stevens may have gotten the ray gun idea from Larry Mitchell (they grew up in the same neighborhood).

I created an effect for this too, but did it with a flanger and a pitch shifter in parallel. The pitch shifter is always on, the flanger is muted with a control switch controlling the bypass state. I set it up as a momentary switch for quick on and off. It sounds REALLY good!!

Back
Top Bottom