Matt Schofield Two Rock Sig

jeppekristoffer

Power User
HI!

This is my version of the Matt Schofield Two Rock Sig amp.

Ive made it by listening to various youtube videos of him playing his amps, especially this

Matt Schofield Limited Edition Signature Two Rock Guitar Head - YouTube

Ive made it through Shure SE110 in ear headphones so when you use it with FRFR, then set the Room level to 0% in the cab block and lower the Thunk parameter to something lower depending on the volume you play.

Fine tune the amp block with the input trim so that when you use your neck single coil with the volume just a hair over 0 you should get a Clean sound when playing funky chords.

The Wah block is Auto Wah.
The Chorus block is set up for a Rotary type sound.
The PAN block is set up for a subtle Auto Tremolo that is hearable when playing softly but that disapears when you play harder.
Use the Y amp block.
Use the X cab block. I used the OH MAR-CB G65-OR SS Median IR from the latest OwnHammer IRs, but you can try the Factory 56 IR with decent result.

Let me know what you Think.

Regards Jesper

View attachment TR Matt Schofield Sig.syx

PS if anyone know any free to try recording program, let me know and I will record a short clip. Thanks!

Last edited:
I just tried to load this preset but no sound will come out....? I just got my AxeFx2 this weekend and have been trying stuff so I am sure I am doing something wrong. I can get other patch's to load but not this one? Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?

THANKS!!!!

I just tried to load this preset but no sound will come out....? I just got my AxeFx2 this weekend and have been trying stuff so I am sure I am doing something wrong. I can get other patch's to load but not this one? Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?

THANKS!!!!

What FirmWare are you on?
You need to be on FirmWare 11.00 or higher.
You need to have the correct user cab in the chosen user cab slot, see the OP!
Or change so you use Factory cab number 56!
Let me know!

What FirmWare are you on?
You need to be on FirmWare 11.00 or higher.
You need to have the correct user cab in the chosen user cab slot, see the OP!
Or change so you use Factory cab number 56!
Let me know!

I am using 11.5, I will try to make sure I'm using the same cab. I tried swapping in another but it didn't work so I will try to put in the correct cab.

I just checked.
In the cab block, make sure it is set to the X version, not Y.
Since both Cab versions use user Irs/Cabs those Cab slots needs to be filled with some IR otherwise it will be silent.
And the IR used is the OH MAR-CAB G65-OR SS Median in your user Cab slot number 17.

PS if anyone know any free to try recording program, let me know and I will record a short clip. Thanks!
Audacity is free. Period. Very nice to start out with. Pretty simple, nicely featured and will do multitracking too.
Reaper is free to try, fully functional and extremely good, but a longer learning curve. It used to only have a nag screen making sure you know you're supposed to pay for it, but they may have changed that. I used it for a year before I paid for it. Very much recommended.

Aha!
Sorry.
Great!
What IR do you use?
And important, How did it sound to you?
What guitar and pickups do you have?

I thought it sounded pretty good, but the term doesn't start until I almost stop playing. If we could get it to be a little more dynamic this patch would be awesome.
I am using a 87 Gibson les Paul with WCR dark bursts bridge and crossroads neck.

I tried a few IRs I like the new OH I trie the blues and the scum back h75's and it sounds great to me.

Since its the Depth in the Tremolo that is controlled by the envelope you can change the threshold in the envelope controller to fit your pickups and playing style.
Try that.
My guitar is equipped with Dimarzio Air humbuckers that I can split for a single coil sound. And since they get even more trebly when splitted I connected a resistor and capacitor to a push pull pot to make them even mellower when used as single coils if I so wish.
This means that the pickups in the single coil configuration with the push pull pot pulled are very softish in their output.

Audacity is free. Period. Very nice to start out with. Pretty simple, nicely featured and will do multitracking too.
Reaper is free to try, fully functional and extremely good, but a longer learning curve. It used to only have a nag screen making sure you know you're supposed to pay for it, but they may have changed that. I used it for a year before I paid for it. Very much recommended.
I checked. Reaper now has a 60 day fully functional trial period, which seems very reasonable. After which it will cost only $60,-.
Money well spent.

Btw, audacity is much more limited than reaper. No fx plugins, just destructive processes, IINM.

Since its the Depth in the Tremolo that is controlled by the envelope you can change the threshold in the envelope controller to fit your pickups and playing style.
Try that.
My guitar is equipped with Dimarzio Air humbuckers that I can split for a single coil sound. And since they get even more trebly when splitted I connected a resistor and capacitor to a push pull pot to make them even mellower when used as single coils if I so wish.
This means that the pickups in the single coil configuration with the push pull pot pulled are very softish in their output.

Cool! I will try this tonight :) sorry I'm new to this first week with the axefx and moved from tube amps and analog pedals. If I can't touch it I am still struggling to wrap my mind around all that can be done now.

Back
Top Bottom