Matt at Steve Vai's

Lunchbox filled with dynamite, Lunchbox filled with dynamite!

It's the room!

What is the thing on his neck pickup seen in the end of the clip?

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure its tape, to keep the strings from falling and getting caught under the neck pickup bobbin when he gets wild with the wammy bar.

I've never thought about that! Shit... That can actually happen! I think I've never gone all the way down with the tremolobar.

That legacy looks awesome! :) really like the "vai" vents and the rack that it is rack mountable.

Is it me or does it have a little less of the lush rolling mids of the original legacy and more of the 'bite' of the v3? Hard to tell from just YouTube clips...

I've never thought about that! Shit... That can actually happen! I think I've never gone all the way down with the tremolobar.

Yea, its tape. I do the same on my JEM´s. The design of the pickups on JEM´s is like this, so its pretty "easy" to get your thin e-string caught just under the neck pickup when you hitting the strings while whammy-baring away. Been there... done that. Standing on stage looking stupid wonder what the hell was wrong.

Last edited:
haha! "dude, where's my string!? It's not broken, it's just not there, wtf, ah there it is, it was hiding under the pickup, sneaky bastardstring you"

Oh yea, that happened to me a few times too back in the days when I used to abuse the trem bar too :/

Is it just me or were his strings TOTALLY dead sounding? I liked the 2nd channel best. The 3rd sounded oversaturated to me. Yes, the tape is to prevent the high E string from getting caught under the neck pickup. I saw a setup video of Vai's a while back that confirms this.

My brain played a trick on me. Some how I confused Admin M@ and Adam Cook... Admin... Adam... Somehow this similarity told my brain they were both named Matt. Funny how the brain works... or DOESN'T work, lOL!!!

it's Admin m@ AKA matt picone. Don't know which other Matt you mean

The EVH first caught my eye. Then the Les Paul. I had to scan over several times to pick up the Tele.

The EVH first caught my eye. Then the Les Paul. I had to scan over several times to pick up the Tele.

my collection has been missing a good Tele for years.
I don't want to settle for anything less than stellar, but at the same time can't justify spending 2k on a chunk of wood. ;)
Teles are my weak spot...

Back
Top Bottom