Matrix users

EdgE

Fractal Fanatic
After 31/2 year with the ultra and axe 2 ,I want to use in a band situation with power amp and 2 1x12cabs. Playing mostly 70's rock some country. Thinking of getting the matrix 800 , more my budget . Need some input from you guys using matrix. I myself without the band am into VH, Alice and chains, Satch and Vai, I use those tones too Thanks in advance. Mark

I use a GT1000FX and love it. I would go with either two Matrix NL12 1x12 cabs or two Bogner 1x12 cabs if you want to go the typical guitar route. If you want to do FRFR, I would get two Xitone 1x12 wedges or cabs.

I too use a GT1000 and am very pleased. I'm doing FRFR with two Xitone 1x12 wedges. Very pleased with the Xitones as well.

I use the Matrix GT1000Fx 2U with my AXEFX2.I run stereo out to the FOH,and stereo out to a BBE Maximizer into two Marshall cabs for stage volume.I went to Axe Fest and heard the Matrix 212 cab and it is by far the best sounding cab for the AXEFX2.It is perfect when paired with the MatrixGT1000FX power amp.I am wanting to get one to replace my Marshall cabs.

Also very happy w/ my GT800 into a 1x12 V30 cab. I do kinda wish I had a 2nd cab, but it's plenty loud as is, and the Matrix is usually only turned up about 1/3 of the way.

All sounds good so far ,I have a bunch of speakers ,old 75 celestions, heritage 20's ,green backs and v-30's and an old v-30 that sound great ,so different than new ones. The xitones look great ,but 2 would be a bit much.Just started playing with abunch of old geezers and I,m the youngest (I,m 54):D But its fun,no pressure. These guys would be blown away if I use my axe in stereo,(me too) :encouragement:

I've been using the GT800FX and NL212 for a few months now. (running in stereo). Really happy with this setup, sounds and feels more like a traditional tube amp for me. It's plenty loud and so nice to be able to pick an amp and play for hours on end, no tweaking required. The loudest I've had it is about 3/4 and it was knocking crap off the walls and rattling the windows. The only downside is that like a good tube amp, it sounds better the louder you play so you end up playing louder than you probably should. :mrgreen

I've been using the GT800FX and NL212 for a few months now. (running in stereo). Really happy with this setup, sounds and feels more like a traditional tube amp for me. It's plenty loud and so nice to be able to pick an amp and play for hours on end, no tweaking required. The loudest I've had it is about 3/4 and it was knocking crap off the walls and rattling the windows. The only downside is that like a good tube amp, it sounds better the louder you play so you end up playing louder than you probably should. :mrgreen

Hey just curious when you run it in stereo is that just one NL212 or are you talking about two NL212s?

I've got the GT800FX and a pair of Xitone wedges - very happy with the results. Used a custom 2x12 before the XiTones and that was also very good.

I use an 800 in bridge mode. Loud enough for any band. Light enough to make you smile on load ins and loadouts. Sounds and feels great.

I'm using the GT1000FX and the NL212, it sounds amazing and the lightness is a major factor.
I can carry my entire rig into the venue in one trip now!

Back
Top Bottom