Matrix Q12a sound trick (must read for all Q12a oder Q12p / CFR-12 user)

PacoCasanovasOld

Fractal Fanatic
Add a PEQ-Block at the end of your presets, boosting 1.2 - 1.3kHz with a peak-filter around 6dB and a Q factor of 1.3 - to 1.4

now listen! :D

Please post your thoughts here!

Last edited:
I disagreee. I think it is perfekt right out of the box.

But all a matter of taste I guess :)

I haven't tested it yet, because I don't have my Q12s yet, but Paco's findings are based on measurements and knowledge about how the hardware is built. Of course it's possible that one prefers the sound without the tweak, but for those, who are missing something, it might be the solution. Definitely worth sharing and I'll include it in my first tests as soon as my Q12s are here.

So thanks Paco!

I hope my post didnt sound like a discard of Paco's thorough tests, and that it was not worth sharing. That was in no way my intention, but if so, i appologize.
Paco's idea might work for alot of users and might help alot of people.
I have only done tests with my ears, and in no way scientific, and just posted my oppinion.

DSCF0052.jpg

I'm preparing a demo booth where interested guitarists can play their instruments into the AF2 over various FRFR, PA and a very special traditional guitar cabinet.......(CAA 2x12" Celestion V30s)

PS: I also will do some IRs of the cabinet when the room got treated well ;-) It's basically my amp workshop!

DSCF0054.jpg

Any way you could export the block you have setup for us to import and test?
It would really help so we don't misinterpret your PEQ-Block explanation.

Thanks,
Loopie..

Open a PEQ block, go to the 3rd filter band (800Hz) - put the frequency up to 1284Hz, Q up to 1.34 and the gain up to 6dB - set your Q12 the way you would set up your traditional guitar cabinet - enjoy!

Open a PEQ block, go to the 3rd filter band (800Hz) - put the frequency up to 1284Hz, Q up to 1.34 and the gain up to 6dB - set your Q12 the way you would set up your traditional guitar cabinet - enjoy!

Thanks. This made the setup much clearer that the OP.

loopie.

Do you think that this will work with other companies products using the same speaker or only with the Q12a?

But I thought that the Celestion TF1225CX is working in the Q12a and not a Eminence system. No?

ooops.......sorry, missspelling, misstyping........:nightmare: I mean the TF1225Cx, sorry!

Back
Top Bottom