Matrix Protect light intermittently on

ZipGun68

Inspired
I have a Matrix GT1000FX powering 2 mesa 2x12s in stereo. One cab is the compact, and the other is the vertical 2x12. Both cabs are 8ohms, and have V-30s in them. I ran into an issue a while back where the protect light would come on, sound would be fine. Stop playing, fans were at very high speed but the unit would cool down in about 10min and be good too go. Volumes at on the Matrix were around 2:30 - 3:00, Output 2 is set between 10:30 - 11:00 - just for reference. I spoke with Andy at Matrix, who is a awesome guy to work with. He walked me through some troubleshooting steps. One thing I noticed is when the Matrix was on, speakers attached and I wiggled the input on the cab it sounded scratchy. I cleaned the jacks and plugs with deoxit and the cabs were silent. Just got done playing for around 90 minutes and the protect light never showed its ugly face. I still have to test the jacks out better, Andy said that it sounds like at least one of the cabs input may have some degree of a short. I can't say enough about the patience he has, he took time and interest to assist me. Thought this might be useful info to someone.

I have only great things to say about Andy and the Matrix team . Outstanding customer service with some concerns I had about my 2 - GT1000FX's .

Only thing I will say is that, I will not buy another product that does not have local support for it.
Me too, still being stung with Atomics extremely poor customer service, they've had my CLR control board since August, it's always 'will be another 30 days' every time I contact them.

As a result of this I have been considering going the GT1000FX passive cab route, but it appears there is no support in Europe anymore for Matrix, as G66 no longer sell them, and the Matrix site now directs straight to Idaho USA.

Anyone any idea if there is any support in Europe, in particular the UK, for Matrix products? They used to be a British company, I'm quite surprised there appears to be no support here anymore for them if true.

Me too, still being stung with Atomics extremely poor customer service, they've had my CLR control board since August, it's always 'will be another 30 days' every time I contact them.

As a result of this I have been considering going the GT1000FX passive cab route, but it appears there is no support in Europe anymore for Matrix, as G66 no longer sell them, and the Matrix site now directs straight to Idaho USA.

Anyone any idea if there is any support in Europe, in particular the UK, for Matrix products? They used to be a British company, I'm quite surprised there appears to be no support here anymore for them if true.

We're still here in the UK and still offer support and servicing. If you contact Matrix, usually the first person answering will be me......here in the UK. We still offer servicing and repairs in the UK and US which is where we are still based.

Back
Top Bottom