Matrix NL cabs

They are plenty loud, as long as you have enough power amp to drive them. Mine are 16 ohm(I think they all are), and if you were compare them directly to an 8 or 4 ohm cabinet with the same amp you might think something is a little off.

But yeah, plenty loud. A pair will really help with dispersion.

They are plenty loud, as long as you have enough power amp to drive them. Mine are 16 ohm(I think they all are), and if you were compare them directly to an 8 or 4 ohm cabinet with the same amp you might think something is a little off.

But yeah, plenty loud. A pair will really help with dispersion.
Hey thanks for the reply! I just purchased the matrix GT 1000 fx and 2 1/12's so very excited to hear them. I've never ran a rig in stereo so really looking forward to that!!

Just like any traditional 1x12 (or 2x12 in some cases) you may need to elevate them on some bigger stages to hear better but should be loud enough for most general uses.

Congrats on your new NL purchase. I'm sure you'll love them. Yeah, it all depends on the power amp and how much you have to power that cab. I'm using my NL212 cab with a Matrix GT1000FX and have plenty of power with that. I'm also a fan on playing at lower volumes rather than cranking some ridiculous volume on stage and creating a cacophony of sound where nobody can hear anything. Haha! Using in-ears has helped me tremendously with that and actually improved my playing as well, as I can hear everything so much better. Let us know how you enjoy your new NL12's when they arrive. :)

Congrats on your new NL purchase. I'm sure you'll love them. Yeah, it all depends on the power amp and how much you have to power that cab. I'm using my NL212 cab with a Matrix GT1000FX and have plenty of power with that. I'm also a fan on playing at lower volumes rather than cranking some ridiculous volume on stage and creating a cacophony of sound where nobody can hear anything. Haha! Using in-ears has helped me tremendously with that and actually improved my playing as well, as I can hear everything so much better. Let us know how you enjoy your new NL12's when they arrive. :)
I just wanted to thank everyone for their advice and all the different opinions I've read regarding the axe fx and what works best with it to ultimately achieve the best sound possible. I wrote in earlier saying I was going to buy frfr speakers mainly the k 12's as I had read so many great things about them. But after doing more research there was also a good number of people who went the frfr approach and ended up selling them later on saying mainly they missed the amp/ cab setup and also it sounded much like a monitor speaker. I didn't find any complaints about the matrix amps with nl speakers. So.... I am glad to report I went with the matrix GT1000FX and 2 nl 1/12's running in stereo. I haven't even had time to use the axe fx 2 properly yet as I just bought it last month so I am only talking about the factory presets for now. This setup sounds frikin unbeleavable!!! I spent 2 hrs and I haven't even made it past number 18 yet!! The speakers pack such a crisp punch. They sound spectacular!! On the low e string the notes are so crisp and smooth. No fuzz to the notes at all. They sound crisp and individual, not bleeding into each other. It has that beautiful crunchy mid rangy sound I've always been trying to get. Dealing with the people at matrix and fractal has been very refreshing. Their very helpful and professional and the gear is top notch. The nl 12's are built like a tank. If anyone reading this is doing their research and thinking about buying a fractal or an amp modeller with speaker setup this system is 10 out of 10. So now the big question... what does all this cost?? Well it's not cheap but you will get that sound you've always been looking for from blues to rock to metal to smooth jazz. They all sound killer!! I live in Canada and I bought the fractal axe fx 2+ with matrix GT1000 FX power amp with 2 matrix nl 1/12's. I also bought 2 speakon cables and 2 xlr cables to go with it and a 4 unit rack gator rack case. With taxes all in and the exchange rate it came to just under $6500.00 cad. To me it's worth every penny and I just can't say enough about it. I will post more as I start to create my own sounds with the axe fx. People have said the presets don't even compare to your own sounds so my sound will just keep getting better and better!!!

Bumping old thread to say I did a gig for the first time using an NL12 (with Matrix power amp) and was very pleased. My aging back was very happy not to have the EV-12L Glaswerks cab I usually use and the sound was excellent.

Back
Top Bottom