Matrix Neolight NL212 traditional cab

13,5 kg is quite impressive for a 2X12 cab.
Now, any news on the 2X12 FRFR? Come on, make us happy...

13,5 kg is quite impressive for a 2X12 cab.
Now, any news on the 2X12 FRFR? Come on, make us happy...

Yeah ...been waiting for this ...like......4 evahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

2x12 FRFR vertical please with angle on top....

.......chop chop

nl212.jpg

These cabs are amazing!

I have received two NL12 and they are so good that I'll order two 2x12 too soon.
For me, the best cab for the Axe FX.
The clearer and the most natural sound from the Axe.
I have tried with cab sim ON and it sounds really bad though.

OK you're got my attention. I think I need one of these to replace my 4x12 BX cab (GBs'). What I can't get my head around is that they're not FRFR and they're not a regular speaker. Would I be happy with them, replacing my quad? Do they sound like a GB M25?

OK you're got my attention. I think I need one of these to replace my 4x12 BX cab (GBs'). What I can't get my head around is that they're not FRFR and they're not a regular speaker. Would I be happy with them, replacing my quad? Do they sound like a GB M25?

Let me put it to you this way ... once you try these speakers you will have a hard time going back to FRFR style speakers.

they are as far as I am concerned the "missing link" with respect to the AXE for folks like me that are really use to have an amp with a real cab.

I have 2 NL12 (1x12) and they sound insane -- I can only image what the 2x12 sounds like.

I also like the routing options they are giving you so you can run the 2x12 in mono or stereo.

As soon as I have some extra cash I am ordering a 2x12 as well.

Wave OS 2X12 isn't cheap any any means either.
Seems like the price of a new 2X12 has gone up guite a bit

Do these speakers have the regular "sweet spot angle" or wider like some of the frfr solutions?

I've played through these over at Matrix and compared them to my Marshall 2x12s and to my ears they are certainly less directional that those but they are not quite as wide as a coax FRFR setup. They do sound amazing and I'll be ordering one as soon as I can save to the money. They are so light and they sound epic!

Spence

I've played through these over at Matrix and compared them to my Marshall 2x12s and to my ears they are certainly less directional that those but they are not quite as wide as a coax FRFR setup. They do sound amazing and I'll be ordering one as soon as I can save to the money. They are so light and they sound epic!

Spence

I'm agree!
I think that FRFR is wider.
But once you have played the NL12 or 212 it's really difficult to come back to FRFR for playing live.
The feeling of these cabs is so fun.
The punch is really impressive.
For me NL12 or 212 for playing on stage and FRFR for FOH is the best of two worlds.
The mix of FRFR and the NL12 in my studio is the best sound I have ever heard!

Reactions: LVC
I'm agree!
I think that FRFR is wider.
But once you have played the NL12 or 212 it's really difficult to come back to FRFR for playing live.
The feeling of these cabs is so fun.
The punch is really impressive.
For me NL12 or 212 for playing on stage and FRFR for FOH is the best of two worlds.
The mix of FRFR and the NL12 in my studio is the best sound I have ever heard!

I've been playing Amp and Cab for a while now as FRFR just didn't work for me (too many variables!) I'm really looking forward to grabbing a 2x12 when I've got the cash, I was hoping that they would be slightly cheaper but if you take the sound and weight into account it'll be worth it for me!

Back
Top Bottom