Matrix GT800FX to Axe II and Orange PPC 212

xvbladezz

Hey so I have a question about my current set up. I only recently started using my axe fx for live gigging and I want to make sure I'm using my gear to its fullest potential.

At the moment, I'm running a single channel(Left unbalanced) into matrixgt800fx channel A
The matrix is set to stereo and I'm running a single speaker cable from the matrix into the orange.
(from my understanding I can plug into any output on the back because the other will function as a link out)

Since my cab is mono I want to know if this is fine or if I should be running the matrix in paralleled mode?
and I want to know how this would effect my sound. Would it sound larger paralled?

sorry I'm kind of new to this

I had that exact same set up. Run the Matrix in Mono Bridge for best results. If you have one of the older Matrix you'll have to make a mono bridge cable out of a Speakon to 1/4" speaker cable. There's some tutorials floating around on how to do this.

Unless you need it for volume, there is absolutely no benefit to running in bridged mode.

And if you have the older model that requires the special cable for bridged mode, be aware that making that cable wrong can result in bad things happening...

Back
Top Bottom