Matrix GT800 Question.

Assumer

Inspired
My cab has one 4ohm and one 16 ohm input. Will the 800 work? Can you use only one side of the amp?
Thanks

The Matrix will work, with cabs of different ohms. But if I read it correctly if the cab has an input of 4 ohms and another of 16 ohms the Matrix can run into either of them. But don't plug into both of them as it looks like the cab is meant to use one or the other inputs which take advantage of depending on which input is used whether you get the speakers inside wired in parallel or series. If the cab has 2 8 ohm speakers in series it will give 16 ohms and if the wiring is parallel the same speakers will give 4 ohms. If it is this type of cab don't use both inputs.

The Matrix will work, with cabs of different ohms. But if I read it correctly if the cab has an input of 4 ohms and another of 16 ohms the Matrix can run into either of them. But don't plug into both of them as it looks like the cab is meant to use one or the other inputs which take advantage of depending on which input is used whether you get the speakers inside wired in parallel or series. If the cab has 2 8 ohm speakers in series it will give 16 ohms and if the wiring is parallel the same speakers will give 4 ohms. If it is this type of cab don't use both inputs.

Spot on, thankyou.

I have put the power charts for the amps on that F.A.Q page.
With a single cab you could either use a single channel into the 4ohm input,
or a single channel into the 16 ohm input ( will give you much less headroom )
or the bridged output into the 16 ohm input.

As stratamania says use one input only, not both.
Hope this helps.

Best regards
Matt

Thanks for the reply's guys. Very helpful. My concern was running one side of the amp. Didn't know if the side not connected to a speaker would be damaged.

Thanks for the reply's guys. Very helpful. My concern was running one side of the amp. Didn't know if the side not connected to a speaker would be damaged.

Hi there,
The amps do not have to have a load connected to both outputs, and if you decide that you would like to run another speaker from the other channel later on, it does not even have to be the same ohmage.
The main rule is, if you connect a load to channel A or B, it must be 4 ohm or greater.
If you connect a load to the bridged output, it must be 8 ohm or greater, and you must not use output A or B at the same time.

Hope this helps.
My best regards
Matt

Hi there,
The amps do not have to have a load connected to both outputs, and if you decide that you would like to run another speaker from the other channel later on, it does not even have to be the same ohmage.
The main rule is, if you connect a load to channel A or B, it must be 4 ohm or greater.
If you connect a load to the bridged output, it must be 8 ohm or greater, and you must not use output A or B at the same time.

Hope this helps.
My best regards
Matt
Thanks for the reply. Will be pulling the switch soon.

Back
Top Bottom