Matrix GT1600FX

komrad20

Inspired
Not sure if this is the specific place for this post, but thought i'd ask about it.
Im receiving the Matrix GT1600FX Power Amp today, and was trying to get some info on connecting it with my AxeFX 2XL+, and Orange PPC212 cab, kinda a noob question, but was wondering if you guys could point me in the right direction in hooking it up, and what kind of cables are needed for this to happen.

Thanks!

Just a reminder that the Orange cab is NOT stereo so don't hook up both Matrix outputs to the cab inputs or you'll feed the signal back into the amp outputs (it's a parallel input for daisy chaining cabs on the Orange)

Just a reminder that the Orange cab is NOT stereo so don't hook up both Matrix outputs to the cab inputs or you'll feed the signal back into the amp outputs (it's a parallel input for daisy chaining cabs on the Orange)
Thank You for the heads up.

Isn't the Matrix GT1600FX seriously over-powered for an Orange PPC212? Do you have stock speakers in it?
The Orange PPC212 is rated for 120 Watts @16Ohms
The Matrix GT1600FX puts out 240 Watts with a 16 Ohm load.

So long as a bit of common sense is used it should be ok. Even 120w is seriously loud and would usually result in bandmates throwing stuff at you so generally we all turn up to a comfortable level on stage, usually around 60-80w possibly a bit more with a loud drummer and a bigger stage. If it's for home use, then you'll get no where near those levels. The signal lights on the amp will also give a helping guide to what power the amp is dishing out so as long as people don't try and recreate the scene from Back to The Future where everything is just turned up to max, it'll be fine.

I own the 1600 and it's not that loud compared to my VHT and MESA rackmount tube amps. It's just collecting dust since I went FRFR. It's not a bad amp but it's not as nice sounding as a tube amp. Make sure you plug in to the right input and output, it's not quite layed out like a typical amp on the back.

Back
Top Bottom