MATRIX GT1600FX poweramp --- aka: The Tube Slayer!

I just ordered the 1000 and the 1600, along with the Retro Channel to have a definitive show-down. I already own the 800 and the Carvin DCM1540L, as well as a Carvin Legacy 3 for comparison to real tubes. Let's get it on!

Holy crap, now THAT's a comparison shopper's DREAM! :mrgreen

You could probably charge admittance fees to your review posts. ;)

Will this unit become available in Europe? (G66?)
You may want to ask G66 by email, they are incredibly fast to answer mails, but ... last time I checked UK was still a part of Europe although they sometimes seem to think this has to be changed ...

Matrix Amplification,
Little Castle Farm,
Pen-Y-Parc Road,
Raglan,
United Kingdom,
NP15 2BX.

I just ordered the 1000 and the 1600, along with the Retro Channel to have a definitive show-down. I already own the 800 and the Carvin DCM1540L, as well as a Carvin Legacy 3 for comparison to real tubes. Let's get it on!

This would make an awesome video comparison. Im really interested in the retro channel amp and how it sounds next to these matrix amps. Can't wait for this review:)

Will this unit become available in Europe? (G66?)

Hi there,
We could ship you one tomorrow if you like, in time for the weekend.
Delivering into Europe normally take 2 days.
Please pm me if you have any questions.

My best regards
Matt

( or if email is easier for you : matt at matrixamplification dot com )

I'd like to have four 4x12's (only have two), one for each corner of my living room for Marshall Surround Sound. :eek:
I'm just outside of Springfield. Missouri if you ever get down this way maybe we could hookup and Krank the our Axe units!

I've decided to go back to using my Atomic 50/50. I like my GT1000FX but the Atomic sounds 'right' immediately without tweaking. I'll just have to carry it in a separate rackcase.

I'll try to make some sort of comparison video, although all I have is a Zoom Q3HD.

I'd be really interested in hearing the results of your comparisons, especially the Carvin to the Matrix. Can you hook us up with a review and maybe short video?

I'm just outside of Springfield. Missouri if you ever get down this way maybe we could hookup and Krank the our Axe units!

Will do, I don't get down there too often, but was just there last Fall for the Street Machine Nationals. I know a guy that lives down there (brother-in-law of a friend) that comes up and plays drums with us on occasion, his name is Will (don't even know his last name).

I've decided to go back to using my Atomic 50/50. I like my GT1000FX but the Atomic sounds 'right' immediately without tweaking. I'll just have to carry it in a separate rackcase.

Those two, plus the Carvin DCM1540L, are on my radar for amps to try. Have you ever tried the Carvin? Damn, that's 3 posts in a row for me :eek:ops

Back
Top Bottom