Matrix GT1500FX - Protect light on solid and will not go off

maschoff

Experienced
Hi Matrix users, anyone experience this and resolve it? I've disconnected all cables and the Protect light still stays on. Bummed ... I have all day to play :(

From the lack of forum response, it looks like this is not very common, so that's promising. Contacted Matt and will be sending the unit to Ventura, CA for a replacement board. I'll be jonesing in the meantime, hope it's a quick turn around because my 20 year old Mosvalve does not even compare.

Maschoof, sorry to hear about your troubles. I've got a 1500 too, and this is indeed the first time I have ever heard of a fault with this unit, and I leave mine on for ridiculous lengths of time. well up to seven hours anyway.

Shipped it off today and it should arrive to Peter in Ventura on Thursday. Fingers crossed on the replacement board but I just know FW10 will drop this Friday ... more to look forward to I guess :) That ... and Formula 1 :)

And the Saga continues ... When last we left our hero, he had shipped his 3 week old GT1500FX to Ventura, CA for repair. Since then, USPS lost the amp for 4 days, and upon receipt, it was turned around the same day. A week and a half later, the amp returns without the fans connected, the knobs mangled and a chink in its armor. Our hero has requested a new unit be sent out and this one returned. If all goes well, our hero hopes to have a new unit by Friday. To be continued ...

Hum. Delivery from Matrix to US - 3 days. Delivery US to US, 4 days to 8 days with extra damage thrown in. I know UPS dont have a great reputation state side, but wow. Its got to be REALLY difficult to damage something like the Matrix Amp when packaged. They must try hard.

I know UPS dont have a great reputation state side, but wow. Its got to be REALLY difficult to damage something like the Matrix Amp when packaged. They must try hard.

just as a side note (a bit off topic)

They also not working well over here in switzerland. When delivery my axefx 2 - I had to wait two extra days, because someone at their workshop forgot to put a sticker on for swiss customs. I paid the swiss VAT when receiving to unit directly to the driver - after two weeks they send me an invoice to pay for the VAT again......had to send in a copy of the receipt........I don't like UPS services in my country.

My Roctron velocity 300 did this a couple of years ago. The Amp needed to be replaced also. I'm surprised that when these protect modes get triggered there's no way to reset the amplifier by the user. I guess I don't understand the workings of this. Touch wood it never happened to my Matrix.

Back
Top Bottom