Matrix GT1000FX with cab Marshall 1922

Veloso1978

Inspired
hi everyone.

Anyone knows if there’s no problem put my cab Marshall 1922 on stereo with de Amp Matrix GT1000FX ? I’m afraid frie anything.

Yea no worries. I would just be careful with the volumes while you get used to it. I don't think you could really hurt the speakers, but it might be possible if you Max out the matrix and have a super loud preset. I typically run the volume on the matrix at Max and use the out 1/2 knobs on the axefx front panel to control volume levels. Seems to be the generally recommended thing to do.

Yes. I just control de output of axe fx and the matrix... but if a play with different cabs that’s no worry... my issue it’s just about one cab with stereo.

Yes. I just control de output of axe fx and the matrix... but if a play with different cabs that’s no worry... my issue it’s just about one cab with stereo.

Not sure if you're still worried about it, but you should be fine. Just plug out A into cab left, out B into cab right, make sure the cab is switched to stereo mode if it has a physical switch. Set the matrix input to either stereo or parallel, NOT BRIDGE. Use stereo if you're using true stereo out from the axefx, use parallel if you just have a mono signal and only want to run one cable from axe to matrix.

Basically the matrix will see your one 2x12 as two 1x12's. Each side of the matrix will have a 16ohm 75w speaker as it's load.

You'll be good, just raise the volume slowly and listen for signs of distress if you're going to be pushing the limits of the cab with ear bleeding volume.

That’s what I done... Sounds great. Now just have to twick a litlle bit the distortions... but all the rest are fantastic...

I use my 1922 / Matrix GT1000FX all the time in stereo. It's great.
I got the cab new, and swapped the speakers for Vintage 30's. At first the cab was sort of 'stiff' sounding, The speakers took a while to break in but now it works just fine.

Good man. Do you have any tip to re arrange the distortion... in the Pa or Phones sound great and big, but in the Cab sounds to small and to treble Don’t have much body . Any suggestions?

Good man. Do you have any tip to re arrange the distortion... in the Pa or Phones sound great and big, but in the Cab sounds to small and to treble Don’t have much body . Any suggestions?

Well what I do is use the cab on stage for me to hear myself, via the Output 2 to the Matrix and separately I send XLR's L&R (with cab sim) via Output 1 to the desk which goes to the monitors and FOH.
The idea being that everyone is hearing the FRFR signal, but I'm hearing the 2x12 cab.
However, I've found that the cab alone fulfils the job on it's own in smaller venues. It's pretty loud. You may think it sounds 'thin' on its own but in the context of a live mix, that's exactly what you need in order to cut through properly. Give your speakers time to break in if they're new. It will take a while.

Well what I do is use the cab on stage for me to hear myself, via the Output 2 to the Matrix and separately I send XLR's L&R (with cab sim) via Output 1 to the desk which goes to the monitors and FOH.
The idea being that everyone is hearing the FRFR signal, but I'm hearing the 2x12 cab.
However, I've found that the cab alone fulfils the job on it's own in smaller venues. It's pretty loud. You may think it sounds 'thin' on its own but in the context of a live mix, that's exactly what you need in order to cut through properly. Give your speakers time to break in if they're new. It will take a while.
Yes today have a rehearsal and sound great. My cab Marshall in stereo with matrix and the XRL on the PA in Stereo to... compensates the cab...

I use my 1922 / Matrix GT1000FX all the time in stereo. It's great.
I got the cab new, and swapped the speakers for Vintage 30's. At first the cab was sort of 'stiff' sounding, The speakers took a while to break in but now it works just fine.
How much Ohms the speaker Vintage 30?

I think gonna change to... Need more respect to my sound... Lololol. The V30’s are better than G12 T25’s. In my opinion . Thank you.

Wherever is cheapest I guess. I bought mine on eBay.
They are the Chinese made ones. I did swap them for some older British made ones that belonged to a friend, just to see if they were better, but I actually preferred the Chinese ones so I put them back in.

Just as a heads up. Always keep the Marshall cab switched to stereo. Double check it is in that mode before connecting both outputs. In mono mode it will link the outputs of the amp and damage it so always check or tape the switch to prevent it moving. If using a different cab, check that as well. If not a stereo cab (with a switchable plate or marked as stereo) i'd play safe and run mono with a strange cab.

Back
Top Bottom