Matrix GT1000FX 1u Fan Noise

cokemachine

Anybody that has concerns about the fan noise on the Matrix 1u power amps, I can safely say that it's not an issue. A few weeks back I got to try a Matrix GT1000 1u and besides it being a worthy replacement for my H|H V800, it's infinitely quieter. I've been using a my V800 for the past 10 years and honestly the fan noise on that unit was never much of a concern. Sure when it was cranked and getting hot in my rack I'd take notice of the fan doing its job, but by comparison the Matrix is nowhere near as loud. I'd put it on par with the fan noise in my AxeFX II.

I did have my eyes set on a GT1500FX for use in my W/D/W setup, but with the introduction of the GT1600FX I wonder if a 3-channel GT2400FX is possible? I guess I'll add that to my wish list along with 3-CFR2x12's.

I wish I had the same experience. Mine is unbearable and WAY louder then the AXEFX2. Matrix has been really helpful and is supposed to send me some new fans to try.

REALLY? that surprises me. I have the quiet fan in my AFX2, and the Matrix is on par with that. Still, there good to know there trying to sort something out for you.

Can't say mine sounds loud either.

I don't use the Matrix for low level playing anyway because the sound coming out of guitar cab speakers at 'bedroom' level is totally different to normal playing levels. Couple of studio monitors or a headphone mix is the way I'd use in my bolt-hole when having a quiet riot.

Hello friends,
My question today is whether the Matrix GT1000 1U model continues to be noisy in the context of what that means, or have the new models improved?

thanks !

Bought my GT1000 1U roughly three years ago. It's the loudest thing on standby in the band room. It's not noticable when playing or just having a conversation, but I do wish it was quieter. However, it is still leagues quieter than my PS4 Pro when playing something demanding.

I treasure a moment of mild and calid silence. I'll go for the 2U version sacrificing a bit of space.
Thanks for answering

Back
Top Bottom