Matrix GT1000 FX version

T

TheElaborateDream

Just purchased this from GC for $400.00!. Can someone tell me if this is an older version of the GT1000FX? Would there be any issues with this one?
1610387559804.png

Last edited by a moderator:
That’s the new version, you can tell by the color of the knobs. The new one has darker knobs opposed to the older one with gray.

Also the faceplate has a different texture, along with the Matrix Elements logo that is placed outside of the handle.

Helluva score!

That’s the new version, you can tell by the color of the knobs. The new one has darker knobs opposed to the older one with gray.

Also the faceplate has a different texture, along with the Matrix Elements logo that is placed outside of the handle.

Helluva score!
Thank you so much! I thought it might be to good to be true. Excited to get this going with my 2x12 mesa horizontal cab when it comes in.

Not sure what the difference is internally, if any. I think the main appeal is lower uptime.
The older ones may have had a steel chassis opposed to aluminum as well.

When I was on the phone with Andy when I bought mine, he was saying that if you wanted to buy one used, look for the dark knobs because it’s the new model.

All newer models have the same boards as the older ones. No difference internally. The main changes are when we moved from steel casing to aluminium and added the clip lights. The older steel ones were greyish (UK style old) then went a bit blacker as we used a US anodising company) then we moved to aluminium and laser engraved the logos. There are quite a few different models with "interim" ones as well. If it's just got signal lights it's an older model. If it's steel and heavier it's older. Aluminium, laser etched and clip lights are the new ones.

Back
Top Bottom