Matrix GM50

craiguitar

Power User
So.....What do Matrix have up their sleeve with the GM50, and who is it aimed at? Just thought I'd kick this off.

I must have missed something....what is the GM50? I saw on their site what looks like the 'non 1U' with the XT6000

Where are you guys seeing this announcment? I have looked through the Matrix site and am not seeing anything? Am I just blind?

Quote from Matt on their Facebook page:

"My sincere apologies for the delay, I have included one more person in the video and have waited for his permission before putting the video online. Everything is in place now, so upload to youtube will happen a little later today. I thank you for your patience."

Can't wait! Ch 1 of my ART SLA2 died last night.. Methinks time to try a new amp. Short list includes GTX800, Atomic, Retro Channel... And who knows maybe this GM50?

Damn, they did it - gave me GAS.

Convert your favorite cab into a powered version. Great great innovative product.

Cool! I've been wanting to get hold of an atomic amp module to install into one of my cabs. This might be even better!

Personally, I would rather use a rack PA that I could use with any cab than modify my cab for an on-board amp, but that's just me.

Last edited:
I can see where this would be a good idea for those that want to power a single cab 112, 212, 412 and have nothing but the Axe on top of the cab to keep that traditional back line look. I'm curious as to the spec's which I'm sure are very good.

Personally, I would rather use a rack PA that I could use with any cab than modify my cab for an on-board amp, but that's just me. I'm probably missing something...

Which is what the G800FX is for :)

Great idea from Matrix, and could lead to others ;) I think its telling that the video is the line out of a real tube amp - no power amp emulation going on and it sounds great. Also, while its designed to be fitted into to guitar cab, at 2kg and that small it could so easily be a lightweight small backup amp, or a fly away amp (just stick it in you backpack).

Last edited:
It looks like they are covering all corners...I love it!!! Most definitely got to have one of those.

Back
Top Bottom