Matrix FR212 (passive & active)

Se7en

Inspired
The passive are here.. and in stock, that's Matrix!
Full range flat response guitar cab

fr212.jpg

this little baby looks sweet , going to have to try and get some auditioning time with Matrix me thinks, I feel a bit of GAS coming on.

G \../

I think I may have squirted a little.

Nice! and Yeughhh at the same time! lol

Actives are waiting for the powered modules to be finished up. Should be a few more weeks.

The verticals were planned a while ago but to be honest, weren't up to scratch sound wise. The dispersion on the speakers in the horizontal cabs is good enough so long as you aren't stood right in front of the cab. At the show we cranked them up so not only you could feel the air pressure on your trousers and chest but I also felt it moving my hand, something I've not experienced before!

The active version is announced to be eqquiped with a GM100 module, which according to Matrix is an overpowered GM50 with some DSP processing to flatten the response. I wonder how much correction do the dsp´s on the GM100 apply to the signal and how would it be compared to amplify one of the passive model with a GT1000FX.
If they took the effort to implement these DSP´s, there has to be some benefit from going this way.

The active version is announced to be eqquiped with a GM100 module, which according to Matrix is an overpowered GM50 with some DSP processing to flatten the response. I wonder how much correction do the dsp´s on the GM100 apply to the signal and how would it be compared to amplify one of the passive model with a GT1000FX.
If they took the effort to implement these DSP´s, there has to be some benefit from going this way.

And also to time and phase align the drivers. From what the technical elves have said, the EQ bit mainly but not solely, applies to the little drop outs or bumps you get when the crossover crosses over. :ugeek

Active pricing is planned at $1200.

So, have you tested both to see if there is much of a difference between the two solutions, GT1000FX + passive VS. active?
I would rather keep my GT1000FX so I could use another cab if I need to, but then I wonder if I´d be loosing something.

So, have you tested both to see if there is much of a difference between the two solutions, GT1000FX + passive VS. active?
I would rather keep my GT1000FX so I could use another cab if I need to, but then I wonder if I´d be loosing something.

Bump.

The differences aren't huge. More accurate time and phase alignment in the DSP is the major thing as well as any slight eq adjustments, mainly in the area where the HF & LF frequencies crossover, although it's already quite good in the passive. The DSP in the active version will allow us to do some cool stuff though. As has been mentioned before, we could add a rough "bedroom mode" with some eq adjustments for Fletcher Munson. Some of the other stuff we'll let slip as we work on them and get them right.

Matt, is it better to run the Gt1000FX in bridged mode with the new 2X12 FRFR?

I'm John. Bridged mode will only run at 8 ohms and higher. These cabs are 4 ohms so better to run from the individual channel and get the full power rating from the amp.

Even with the Q12? I have it..so i must use the Q12 with the GT1000 in parallel mode ( and the 2 cable from Axe Fx out 1 to the 2 Input of the GT1000)

The Q12 is a different product, rated for 8 ohms. The speaker is rated at 260w and although impedance wise, the amp bridged and speaker match up, putting 1000w into a 260w speaker may not be the best idea. Parallel mode as you described or just using one channel of the amp in stereo mode with the Axe output set as mono (Sum L+R) would both be ok.

Back
Top Bottom