Matrix FR12 active Cab

Yep, and if you have a look on FB now you will see it's little brother/sister the FR10 :)

Anyone going to the LA Amp Show at Van Nuys this weekend is welcome to drop by our room for a demo ... we think you'll be impressed, not only at the lack of weight, but also at the clarity and punch these two cabs deliver ... John Hardman (our resident Guitar Pixie) has flown in from the UK for this one, so drop by and say hello and have a play on this baby :)

12074580_976482382375192_6512126959817513701_n.jpg

When is this out?? I need a lightweight 12' Cab/Monitor. Is there a handle on the top - if not why not??

...and I can't see a volume knob on the amp - is it set at a single (full?) power and you control it from the AXE output knob??

When is this out?? I need a lightweight 12' Cab/Monitor. Is there a handle on the top - if not why not??

...and I can't see a volume knob on the amp - is it set at a single (full?) power and you control it from the AXE output knob??

Probably a couple of months. We've just got some tweaking to do on the DSP. The handles are mounted on the side but they are a fairly easy one handed carry. Volume is on the rear on the amp module and is fully adjustable.

The FR10 comes in at 9.7kg (just over 21lbs) and 13kg (just under 29lbs) for the FR12. Sizes are 20.5” x 12” x 12” (dwh) or 52cm x 30cm x30cm for the FR10 and 20.5” x 12” x 17.5” (dwh) or 52cm x 30cm x 45cm for the FR12. No pole mounts but I'd recommend the Ultimate AMP150 amp stands to tilt them up (UltimateSupport: AMP-150 - Amplifier Stands - Products). No second input but a linked output to pass through the signal to whatever you need (ie FOH). Vertical is no problem if needed.

thank you for the prompt reply!!!

any information about the sound quality of the FR12 compared to the Q12a? the Q12a will still be produced or it will be discontinued?

I asked a couple of times when the FR212 Active version will be ready. Answer was always, its almost ready, couple of weeks etc. That was one year ago, now there is still no active version and I spent my money elsewhere and bought a rival product. Hope this will not be the situation with new models.

thank you for the prompt reply!!!

any information about the sound quality of the FR12 compared to the Q12a? the Q12a will still be produced or it will be discontinued?

Personally after hearing both I think that the FR12 is every bit as good (if not better) than the Q12. A bit less power but still more than enough and lighter and probably a bit more neutral. No word on the future of the Q12 but maybe the power module in the Q12 will change although it's not been mentioned in any detail.

I asked a couple of times when the FR212 Active version will be ready. Answer was always, its almost ready, couple of weeks etc. That was one year ago, now there is still no active version and I spent my money elsewhere and bought a rival product. Hope this will not be the situation with new models.

Yes I admit that was embarrassing, especially as I was the one answering those questions. The thing was that we were just in the process of setting up the US company and getting the factory premises sorted out and then again had to move the UK factory as Andy relocated to enable Robin to run the UK factory without travelling half the length of the country. Seeing as they are the guys that do the R&D, that was the thing that suffered. Add to that the VB800 was just coming out and the FR212 and it got bumped. That will categorically NOT happen this time with the FR10 and FR12. The modules are in production as we speak.

Mono or stereo?
Mono.

I am considering a couple CLR's, I wonder which is best?

I already have one CLR (which is the best FRFR solution out there at the minute IMHO - I also own a RCF NX12-SMA and had a Friedman ASM12) - and was contemplating getting another - when these were "announced" - my trigger finger is hovering over the "buy" button on the other CLR - but I would love to know what these will cost and how they compare to the CLR.......running a pair at a gig , in stereo, would be tremendous, though not strictly needed, other than for my personal gratification.....you wouldn't want to do that with a pair of CLR's - way too heavy and unwieldy, like the Friedman

We're looking at being "very" competitive on pricing against other models out there. We've also just invested in a huge router for the US factory in Ventura so in coming months we'll be building cabs in the US as well. (If you didn't know all the amps are now built in the USA, in Ventura by our US staff).

Back
Top Bottom