Matrix FR10 Initial Thoughts

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Devster, Dec 3, 2017.

1. Devster

Devster
    Expand Collapse
    Inspired

just wanted to give back a little after all the help provided by the forum.

I tried the Yamaha DXR10 in a music store and was not impressed. Didn’t seem to have much life to it and none of my patches seemed to shine. Loud as hell though. It was on the floor if that makes a difference.

I decided to buy the FR10 for portability and sound due to the experience above.

It arrived mid week while I was out of country so had to wait a few long days to try it out.

I took it to rehearsal last night so I could check it at volume. It sounded good. Real good. Plenty of bottom end. I had the volume about 1/2 way up and the volume on my AX8 at about 9 o’clock and it was plenty loud enough for the band room with live drums and bass etc.

So early days but it does seem like a great combo of size and sound. I used the DSP mode yesterday at low levels to initially tweak my sounds which is a great feature.

Johnny Guitar likes this.
  2. pat6969

pat6969
    Expand Collapse
    Motivated

Yep. I've had mine for a year. Killer speaker that you can carry with two fingers! Love mine!

3. Devster

Devster
    Expand Collapse
    Inspired

I’m waiting for the weekend to see how much paint it will actually peel off when set to Eleven !