Matrix FR Passive Series

damo_512

Anyone tested out Matrix's FR10p or FR12p?
Specs for both look to be the same except for the obvious 10" and 12" speakers and the height as a result. So I'd imagine the 10 would have the same volume as the 12?

I'd love to hear if anyone has one or a comparison between them.

I'd be interested in this too but I'd be more interested if they actually had stock available so I can place an order with confidence.

Not much response on here but I may as well add than start a new thread.

I pulled the trigger and ordered a FR10p and it arrived two days ago. Pulled it out of the box, inspected it for any shipping damage and none at all so off to a good start! All my music equipment is upstairs in my room and it was so light compared to my old 2x12 that I could carry it with one hand and do bicep curls with it :p The handles are recessed holes in the cab which I thought would be a pain but i definitely misjudged them.
Plugged my Axe into it, turned on the GT1000 and the sound that was coming out was very familiar to what I'm used to by playing through my studio monitors.

The FR10p really is lightweight and compact. It's the same width and looks about the same height as my 4ru rack. My rack overhangs a little depth wise but thats fine for me. The sound is impressive and I was AB'ing with my JBL studio monitors and it's pretty much identical. The backplate says 300w where as the spec sheet I saw says 250w, which was a good surprise.

The only really bad thing for me was that my tonematch presets didn't translate like my monitors. It still came out a little boxy but a little global eq makes it less noticeable.

Overall I'm quite happy with it, yet to test it at a gig or rehearsal but that's the next test!
Feel free to ask questions.

Hi

To resurrect this thread. I’m in the market for a passive FRFR cab. The matrix FR10P, FR12P and Q12 are available here.

I did play the FR10 active speaker and liked the sound. Sounded better to me than the DXR10 I tried.

Any recommendations or experience with these passive cabs ?

Cheers

Hi

To resurrect this thread. I’m in the market for a passive FRFR cab. The matrix FR10P, FR12P and Q12 are available here.

I did play the FR10 active speaker and liked the sound. Sounded better to me than the DXR10 I tried.

Any recommendations or experience with these passive cabs ?

Cheers

As above, I've still got my Matrix FR10p and I love it! I've used it at a few gigs and rehearsals and it really is the lightest part of my rig (over my rack and pedalboard)!

I'm running my Matrix GT1000fx into it and I've cranked it up a few times and it get LOUD and still holds out. As mentioned above, I still find that my tone match presets don't translate as nicely as I'd like them to but also I haven't had any other FRFR speakers to compare it to other than my studio monitors.

Back
Top Bottom