Matrix customer service

trb

Experienced
Hello,

I bought in 2013 my AFXII along with 2 Matrix GM50. I'm very pleased with the GM50 sound quality.:)
In jan 2015 one of my GM50 got some issue with the power on/off switch (some electrical crackling). After a while the GM50 died...
Ok so send it back to Matrix after some very good exchanges with them for the return process.

The issue is: Matrix received the GM50 on March 20th and I still don't have it back home and repaired ! We are on june 6th... So definitevely not pleased. :evil
I have some mail exchanges with the manager, saying me the repair guy will check my amp, and keep me informed, but I have always to puch mails to have feed backs... and a week later receive a polite mail with appologizes for the delay.

Ok so I keep patience but I feel I'm running out of !...

Did you experience bad experience like this with Matrix for repairing (i'm still under warranty) ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope, only good experience with Matrix customer service here. Had an issue with the GM50 in my Q12a, and they promptly sent me a new GM50 - not even demanding that I send the faulty one in return. Something must have happened in this case, their customer service is overall very high rated on this forum.

Haven't bought stuff myself but my friend bought an active speaker and received wrong version, 110volt instead of 220volt. Was sorted fast and smooth.

ok gents, so let say I was on a single wrong experience !

And how funny life is: just an hour after I posted on the forum, I received a mail from the tech guy, informing me my amp is being shipped today !! what a powerful forum we have :lol

In addition, as my 2nd GM50 have the same crackling symptoms, Matrix pack a spare switch with the amp, to have it swap by my local tech.

All right, things are getting better ...!! I prefer this way, than writing i'm not satisfied, as I am far more in an cool and optimistic mood.

ok gents, so let say I was on a single wrong experience !

And how funny life is: just an hour after I posted on the forum, I received a mail from the tech guy, informing me my amp is being shipped today !! what a powerful forum we have :lol

In addition, as my 2nd GM50 have the same crackling symptoms, Matrix pack a spare switch with the amp, to have it swap by my local tech.

All right, things are getting better ...!! I prefer this way, than writing i'm not satisfied, as I am far more in an cool and optimistic mood.

That's good, I have found Matrix customer support to be excellent

Hi Bruno,

Just so you know, I actually posted that new unit out to you before I saw this thread, I only just logged into the forum, sitting down to eat my dinner :)

As some of you know, we have opened a new factory in the USA and moved the UK factory to a new location ... unfortunately, this stretched us a little, and some repairs had to wait. We would have simply despatched a new one, but the GM50 was out of stock, and the rest of the stock was in transit from the UK to America. It just all happened at a bad time.

We now have some GM50's in the UK again, and the Q12A is back in stock also, as they use the same amp module.

I think we are completely up to date with repairs in both the USA and the UK now, unless of course, something fell into a hole during the move ... if there is anyone that has anything outstanding, drop me a PM and we'll sort it out el rapido!

Once again, sorry for the delay on this, it just happened at a bad time ...

I had a GT1000FX and tested the light 2x12 when in Beta stage - the UK/Europe sales guy, Matt, lives a few miles from me and he was beyond helpful. Spoke to Andy Hunt at great length too. Even tried the passive wedge - I hated it (just not for me) and had absolutely no issues with a return. Can't fault Matrix's service, but that's just my opinion. :)

I had a GT1000FX and tested the light 2x12 when in Beta stage - the UK/Europe sales guy, Matt, lives a few miles from me and he was beyond helpful. Spoke to Andy Hunt at great length too. Even tried the passive wedge - I hated it (just not for me) and had absolutely no issues with a return. Can't fault Matrix's service, but that's just my opinion. :)

It was a pleasure serving you Mike.
Best regards
Matt

I don't have my Matrix GT1000FX anymore because I just run into my computer now but really loved the unit when I owned it. I called about a potential issue (which ended up being normal) and the guys from Matrix called me and walked me thru everything. Always great customer service with them.

Hi trb, glad everything got worked out. My experience was excellent with Matrix. Matt had called me back, at the crack of dawn for him, to trouble shoot an intermittent signal. He was very patient, thorough, and problem was solved. Also, via email recently, they were very quick to respond.

YA I had an initially good experience whilst trying their power amp. They said they would accept it back if I didn’t like it and they did as they said and accepted it back. When I tried to return the FRFR wedge they said they would not accept it back. This all took place during Axe fx II firmware 11-12ish. I sold off the Axe fx because I just couldn’t get a “true” tone out of it through the wedge.

funny thing is I kept the wedge and tried to sell it a couple of times on Scambay but luckily I couldn’t get rid of the thing for what I wanted out of it.

A week ago I got another Axe and with the firmware updates I’m blown away by the sounds I’m getting through the Matrix 1x12 FRFR. Still not just like a cab in the room but if I hook up a little 2x12 conventional cab just prior to the cabinet emulation block and use them together its a pretty nice set up.

to be fair to Matrix I never asked them if I could return the wedge so technically they were not to far off base. Moral of the story, always ask a ton of questions about returns before buying. After this round I think I’ll be keeping my Axe because of the incredible power of the unit wow!

Just to clear this up, our returns policy has not really changed and is very clear. If you want to return something up to 14 days from when it lands on your door, you can. We will give a full refund, less the shipping charges. We are not "clock watchers" and if it runs a little or even a lottle over 14 days, we are usually fine with that, we want people to be happy and are prepared to work with them to get to where they need to be. If you are talking to us and trying to get a sound that works for you, we'll extend that period a fair bit if it looks like there is a chance of a positive resolution.

I have to say, in the early days, we did get a fair few calls as people had to work the AxeFX patches a fair bit to get "their tone" from it ... we seem to be selling a lot more and getting way less support calls on the later firmware, Cliff seems to have really nailed it now!

YA I had an initially good experience whilst trying their power amp. They said they would accept it back if I didn’t like it and they did as they said and accepted it back.

That's true, bought it in May 2013, returned in August 2013 for a full refund, less shipping.

When I tried to return the FRFR wedge they said they would not accept it back.

To be fair to us, what we actually said in mid July was:
You could return the Q12 for a small restocking fee if it is not working out for you.

Is there anything wrong with it ?

I think that's pretty fair to be honest, and beyond what we commit to ... we always try to work with people and will go the extra mile, but after a few months have passed, we have to either say no or make a re-stocking charge. We obviously cannot then sell the item as new, so we take a big hit on the profits, which thankfully is only on a tiny number of units as most people love them :)

After this round I think I’ll be keeping my Axe because of the incredible power of the unit wow!

Really pleased it is working for you! I hope you are really glad you kept it now :)

The later firmware really has helped a whole load of people who could not get on with AxeFX before, and more and more seem to be turning to FRFR too. We know it can be a bit of a learning curve, and we'll continue to support our users as best we can. We know sometimes things fall down a gap ... but, we are only human, and we hope we are genuinely nice people to deal with.

I've also recently added regular credit card payments instead of PayPal to the Australia site, so that will hopefully please you guys .. and John will be posting something on our FB page that will please any of our non-USA customers who were worried about shipping costs on cabs too!

As ever, if you need us, an email to support@matrixamplification.com or us-support@matrixamplification.com is all that is usually needed, or drop a pm to John (lightningboy) here on the forum, and we we do our very best to take care of you.

Last edited:
Perhaps the OP should edit the title of this thread?

Hi all

Just to say I'm in very good contact with Matrix people ( Robin and john).
We re dealing on reshuffling my 2nd gm50.
All fine.

Bruno

Yek
U re right : will update the title to make things clear.
Should have done it ....

Back
Top Bottom