Matrix Customer Service = Amazing

Zmonk

Inspired
I'm going to make this short, as it's my anniversary and the wife and I were headed out to dinner, but our hot water tank blew, requiring us to call a plumber and put the night on hold, and now I'm trying to salvage things.

Anyway, with the night seemingly ruined, $1,250 spent on a plumber and new heater, nothing better to do, and trying to stay out of the way of my rather pissed off wife (justifiably so), I sent Matrix an email to inquire about a behavior my Matrix GT1000FX 2 Unit was exhibiting that I was curious about. It's 6:30 PM here in Boston, and I guess that means almost midnight in the UK. I got an email from Andy within 10 minutes, and then, before I could even respond to Andy's email, I received a phone call from Matt. Matt spent 30 minutes on the phone with me, got me straightened out and all was good.

Simply amazing that a company would do that at midnight, on a weekend for musician who wasn't even at a gig or any other career dependent situation.

Thanks again to Andy and Matt, and I just wanted to let the everyone here know how serious these guys are about backing up their product.

Last edited:
Let me second this, my experience with Matrix so far has been Fantastic! This is a great company you can depend on. These guys are the 'Fractal Audio' of the amp market!

I'm going to make this short, as it's my anniversary and the wife and I were headed out to dinner, but our hot water tank blew, requiring us to call a plumber and put the night on hold, and now I'm trying to salvage things.

Anyway, with the night seemingly ruined, $1,250 spent on a plumber and new heater, nothing better to do, and trying to stay out of the way of my rather pissed off wife (justifiably so), I sent Matrix an email to inquire about a behavior my Matrix GT1000FX 2 Unit was exhibiting that I was curious about. It's 6:30 PM here in Boston, and I guess that means almost midnight in the UK. I got an email from Andy within 10 minutes, and then, before I could even respond to Andy's email, I received a phone call from Matt. Matt spent 30 minutes on the phone with me, got me straightened out and all was good.

Simply amazing that a company would do that at midnight, on a weekend for musician who wasn't even at a gig or any other career dependent situation.

Thanks again to Andy and Matt, and I just wanted to let the everyone here know how serious these guys are about backing up their product.

Hi there,
I hope you had a chance to go out for the meal with your wife after the plumber had finished.

My best regards
Matt

I'm glad the tank blew before you went out, not while you were out. Otherwise you would have come back to an even bigger bill

I'm glad the tank blew before you went out, not while you were out. Otherwise you would have come back to an even bigger bill

It was just dumb luck that I went down to the basement in the first place. I forgot what I was even going down for half way down the stairs but figured maybe I'd remember, and then I saw the water everywhere.

I recently received my GT1000FX and on connecting it up noticed there was a problem with the output 1 speaker socket.I contacted matrix and spoke to Andy who without any hesitation said that they would send a replacement out straight away,if I box mine up as received it would be collected when new one delivered.I arranged a date with Andy for the delivery of the new unit and swap out of my unit which they worked around me and one week later new amp for defective amp swapped on doorstep.I could have had it sooner but due to my working commitments this was the easiest option.I have also recently spoken to Matt about the CFR12's.We spent a good half an hour discussing the CFR12's after which I put in an order for 2!.He also told me that my GT1000FX was one of only two that had been defective,and the defect on both units was to do with the Neutrec speaker sockets and nothing to do with the actual amp itself.
I would just like to say thanks to all at Matrix,their after sales service is just second to none and nothing is too much trouble not just here in the UK but wherever you are in the world.

Last edited:
I agree as well.....MATRIX customer service has been outstanding. Matt and Pam were so helpful throughout my purchase and I am very greatful for such service. I love the GT1000FX-2U ;)

This kind of service is very good these days.

Wish that they extend their shipping service beside UPS only, which does not deliver anything more than 100 grams to my country.

This kind of service is very good these days.

Wish that they extend their shipping service beside UPS only, which does not deliver anything more than 100 grams to my country.

Hi there,
We are looking into other possibilities. Whilst UPS work well for nearly all of our customers we understand that they might not offer the best solution for all countries.

I thankyou for your patience.

My best regards
Matt

Haven't had to deal with them outside of the sale itself, but they were fantastic to deal with then. And the GT800FX has been rock solid from day one. :)

Back
Top Bottom