Matrix Amplification

Brandon

I haven't contributed much to the forums as I'm still very much a noob. I purchased a Matrix GT1000FX to go with my AFII and am running it through an old Carvin 4x12. It sounds amazing. I am now looking into their cabs and trying to decided if I should go FRFR or not. I also play keyboards and love the idea of being able to put something together that will cover both grounds nicely. I'd appreciate suggestions should you have any.

More importantly, I just wanted to that I am thrilled with the GT1000FX and Matrix as a company. I have been corresponding with John and he's going above and beyond to give me some feedback to help me find the right product. I love companies like this, that really care about their product and customer satisfaction. I'll definitely be buying more gear from them, hopefully sooner than later. :encouragement:

Yeah Matrix customer service is superb. Then again so far I have found all AXE Fx 'related' companies have great service. Matrix, g66 and of course Fractal themselves. Puts the like of Marshall to shame. I stopped using their amps because of their dreadful service.......of course now they are all in my AXE!!!!

Fr212 is the answer love it drive it from my gt800 and axe fxll had it for 3 months awesome check post under amps and Cab for the full Breakdown story

did u ever try FRFR, its not ment for everyone...i had both for a year (frfr and traditional cab) and at the end for smaller gigs, rehearsal and practising i went backt to traditional cab.

my setup axe - matrtix gt1000fx - matrix NL12 (nl12s are really great)

I think it is important to define where you play... Do you gig/ jam/ bedroom play?

I think it is important to buy things for ones application. ( I have matrix gt1000, 2 cfr12s and one nL12 all for my basement. so I am like an apple fanboy too...or just kept searching for thy that tone....

I just tried a qscK10 direct ...for bedroom volume that's a complete overkill..thing insanely loud.. However it sounds superb...I think there are some giggers onnhere with k10s.

That's 550 bucks new active speaker 1000 watts...and no struggles for volume.. Which knob to turn when etc...never can get it even past 9 o clock.

Something to think about...

Last edited:
John at Matrix is amazing! He needs a raise!

I just got a GT1000FX to go with my active CLR's through my Bogner 4x12.
But, I think it's overkill for my situation (playing at home), and I might be sending it back.

I tried the wet dry wet, but just with one patch. I only have 20-30 minutes on the Matrix.
There is a chance I might change my mind and keep it, but for home use I already have an FRFR solution.
I think to be fair I need to just spend an hour going Matrix into the AFX and through my Bogner to make sure I'm making the right decision.

I play in my office now and having the 4x12 in between the CLR's BIG and takes away from a nice compact set up.
The Matrix also IMO, looks so damn cool! Love the Orange and Blue lights.

I am even considering selling my Bogner 101b 1/2 stack. Again, Matrix is a solid company with a great product.

Oh did I mention John Hardman From Matrix is absolutely an awesome guy and a HUGE asset to the company.

Thanks

TEX

Can Somebody Help me?

Mesa Boogie 2:90 vs Matrix GT1000FX?
I have the 2:90, but I'm thinking to buy a Matrix.
There's a huge weight difference...
Yes I like the Boogie Sound, but the weight...

Thnks

Can Somebody Help me?

Mesa Boogie 2:90 vs Matrix GT1000FX?
I have the 2:90, but I'm thinking to buy a Matrix.
There's a huge weight difference...
Yes I like the Boogie Sound, but the weight...

Thnks
How do you need help? Meaning you can't make up your mind or...

Yes.

Hard to decide without trying side by side...
I have to sell the 2:90 before trying the matrix.
I need a good comparison.

It´s hard to say. I have a GT1000FX and don´t miss tubes at all, but some guys are very attached to their equipment and feel like they just can´t replace the feel or sound they used to have.
I would say that if you are willing to trade part of your sound/feel/you name it for something slightly different, (which doesn´t mean worse), the benefits of the low weight and the tubeless amplification are worth the change.
Then, if the Mesa is cutting it for you over any other amp, I would think it twice.

Thanks for the answer!

I think the Axe Fx 2 does the real poweramp sim.
I hope the Matrix can be a Mesa poweramp also, or a 5150 what else.
I use it without pa sim and cab sim of course when i'm playing live.
Guitar>Axe>Mesa>4x12

Sounds great, i mainly use the mesa amps cause im lovin those amps.

But the F.ck..... weight, (Im travelling a lot), the Valves what i have to change year by year (expensive)

Ok. feel is important to me, the dynamic and so, what wanted from a live rig.

Sorry the english is not my native langauge.

I just received my Matrix GT1000 . I'm using it to power a 2 x 12 Ear Candy cab with 2 V30's 16 ohms total. All I can say is unbelievable . I was using a FRFR setup with a QSC K8 powered speaker . Sounds good , but nowhere near what this sounds like . Marshall JVM sim sounds great , just like my head . Cab sims are off globally .Still fooling with it but so far very pleased . Tried an ART SLA2 at first , but based on what I read here i went for the Matrix. Very glad I did \m/

did u ever try FRFR, its not ment for everyone...i had both for a year (frfr and traditional cab) and at the end for smaller gigs, rehearsal and practising i went backt to traditional cab.

my setup axe - matrtix gt1000fx - matrix NL12 (nl12s are really great)

Ditto. I have been using Atomic CLRs for a year. Two NL12s are on the way. Don't get me wrong... I have no doubt that the CLRs are excellent at what they do, but I want/need the traditional cab sound for most of what I am doing. Right now, having the amps and effects provide more than an ample tonal palette. Having a simplified signal chain and not having to worry about IRs, speakers, mics, etc... is very appealing at the moment. YMMV.

Back
Top Bottom