Matrix amp issue

flash6969

Inspired
so decided to upgrade my 800 to a 3 channel 1500 Matrix amp. Gotta say the 800 has been very stable & great.
1500 arrives & I plugged it in - immediately it's whisper quiet. Barely any sound.
Then after 30 seconds the fans start going crazy, it shorts & blows a puff of smoke. It's dead!

Update - I opened it up, moved a few capacitors that looked like they were touching metal parts & installed a new fuse.

Ch 1 & 2 are back. Fans are still blowing like crazy. The amps not happy. Ch3 is very quiet & distorted.

Has anyone else had an experience like this with Matrix amps. If so, what's your feedback?

so decided to upgrade my 800 to a 3 channel 1500 Matrix amp. Gotta say the 800 has been very stable & great.
1500 arrives & I plugged it in - immediately it's whisper quiet. Barely any sound.
Then after 30 seconds the fans start going crazy, it shorts & blows a puff of smoke. It's dead!

Update - I opened it up, moved a few capacitors that looked like they were touching metal parts & installed a new fuse.

Ch 1 & 2 are back. Fans are still blowing like crazy. The amps not happy. Ch3 is very quiet & distorted.

Has anyone else had an experience like this with Matrix amps. If so, what's your feedback?

Did you buy new or used?
If new....then obviously you should be going directly to their support team.
If used....then I hope you used PayPal, because someone may have sold you a damaged amp.

The guys at Matrix are great, they will take care of you.

I've had a 1500 for a few years and its been rock solid.

Mark

Back
Top Bottom