Mateus Asato

Hotplate

Power User

Dude is so tasteful.. his phrasing really works for me. Cool little lesson too, if you watch all the way though.

I'll also mention.. Tim Pierce is another monster.. one of my favorite players/session guys of all-time.

You know, I really don't know where he is from or who he plays with, but I have seen now 3-4 videos with Mateus and he just kills me!

Every note and tone just hits me in the sweet spot of my ear and my "guitar soul".

Any idea if he has any albums?

You know, I really don't know where he is from or who he plays with, but I have seen now 3-4 videos with Mateus and he just kills me!

Every note and tone just hits me in the sweet spot of my ear and my "guitar soul".

Any idea if he has any albums?
Look up the Tim and Pete Show (or whatever it's called) where they interview/hang with Mateus. I think they cover all his details..

@unix-guy
Watch all of them.. there's tons of killer info and playing throughout. Those and the Trutone Lounge interviews Zac does are some of my favorite content on youtube.

This is good stuff. I've been needing something to inspire me and his note slurring technique has piqued my interest. Thx for the links

@Tahoebrian5
Check out Mark Letteieri (http://www.marklettieri.com) as well. He's a local'ish player down here (Denton/DFW are actually) and I hear some of his style in Mateus's playing. I believe Mateus even mentions his influence when talking with Tim and Pete. Mark's also in Snarky Puppy. You may already know if him..

Back
Top Bottom